Numerical simulation of aerodynamic and acoustic characteristics of a ducted rotor
This work is devoted to the numerical simulation of the problem about a rotor rotation in a duct in a noninertial reference frame based on the Euler equations. The configuration is a model of a tail rotor of a helicopter. The calculations were carried out using highly accurate EBR schemes on unstructured tetrahedral meshes with the variables determined at the nodes. The numerical results on the aerodynamic forces, as well as the intensity and direction of the acoustic radiation in the far field, are presented and analyzed.
Keywordsnumerical simulation inviscid flow rotating reference frame EBR scheme ducted rotor aerodynamic forces far field acoustics unstructured mesh
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.O. Rouzaud, J. Raddatz, and J. C. Boniface, “Euler calculations of multibladed rotors in hover by DLR and ONERA methods and comparison with helishape tests,” in Proceedings of the American Helicopter Society 53rd Annual Forum, Virginia Beach, 29 April–1 May, 1997.Google Scholar
- 5.A. D. Gardner and K. Richter, “Influence of rotation on dynamic stall,” J. Am. Helicopter Soc. 58, 032001 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.V. F. Kopev, V. A. Titarev, and I. V. Beliaev, “Development of the new approach for calculating the noise screws using supercomputers,” Uchen. Zap. TsAGI 45 (2), 78–106 (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.P. A. Bakhvalov, “Quasi one-dimensional reconstruction scheme on convex polygonal meshes for solving aeroacoustics problems,” Mat. Model. 25 (9), 95–108 (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.Ch. Hirsch, Numerical Computation of Internal and External Flows: The Fundamentals of Computational Fluid Dynamics, 2nd ed. (Butterworth-Heinemann, Amsterdam, 2007).Google Scholar
- 14.ANSYS ICEM CFD. http://www.cae-expert.ru/product/ansys-icem-cfdGoogle Scholar
- 16.W. Johnson, Helicopter Theory (Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, NJ, 1980).Google Scholar
- 17.Hybrid Computational Cluster K-100 of Keldysh Inst. Appl. Math. http://www.kiam.ru/MvS/resourses/k100.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 18.I. V. Abalakin, P. A. Bakhvalov, A. V. Gorobets, A. P. Duben, and T. K. Kozubskaia, “NOISETTE parallel program complex for large-scale calculations of aerodynamics and aeroacoustics problems,” Vychisl. Metody Programmir. 13, 110–125 (2012).Google Scholar