Influence of natural disasters on ground facilities
- 33 Downloads
The purpose of this article is to study the problem of the propagation of waves that result in earthquakes in different geological media: homogeneous, multilayer, gradient, with fractured layer, and karst cavern. The authors pose the problem of analyzing the impact of waves on ground structures: buildings and dams. Numerical solutions of problems of wave propagation in heterogeneous media are obtained. On the basis of the analysis of wave patterns, the types of waves propagated from the focus of the earthquake are qualified. The comparison of the impact of elastic waves on the day surface for the cases of different geological media is done. Synthetic seismograms for these media are obtained. The influence of elastic waves on the stability of ground structures is qualitatively examined. The grid-characteristic method for triangle meshes with the formulation of boundary conditions on interfaces of rock-crack, building-rock, rock-water, and dam-water, as well as free surfaces in an explicit form, is used in this paper.
Keywordscomputational methods computer science mathematical modeling parallel computing continuum mechanics safety of buildings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. M. Magomedov and A. S. Kholodov, Grid-Characteristic Numerical Methods (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.N. N. Puzyrev, Methods and Objects of Seismic Studies. Introduction into General Seismology (Izd-vo SO RAN, Novosibirsk, 1997) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.N. V. Koronovskii and V. A. Abramov, “Earthquakes: Causes, Consequences, Prognosis,” Sorosovskii Obrazovatel’Nyi Zh., No. 12, 71–78 (1998).Google Scholar
- 4.L. I. Sedov, Mechanics of Continuous Medium, Vol. 1. (Nauka, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. K. Novatskii, Theory of Elasticity (Nauka, Moscow, 1975) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Kondaurov and V. E. Fortov, Fundamentals of Thermomechanics of Condensed Medium (MFTI, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.I. A. Sanina, A. V. Shaumyan, and I. L. Gabsatarova, “Three-Dimensional Velocity Model of the North Caucasus Crust Based on Regional Observations,” in Problems of the Geospheres Interaction. Collection of Papers of the Institute of Geospheres Dynamics, Russian Academy of Sciences, (IDG RAN, Moscow, 2009), pp. 130–141 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.I. B. Petrov, “Computation of Processes in Housing and Industrial Buildings when Plane Crushes,” Informatsionnye tekhnol. i vychislitel’nye sistemy, 2005, No. 1, pp. 130–139.Google Scholar
- 10.V. B. Levyant, I. B. Petrov, and F. B. Chelnokov, “Cluster Origin of Seismic Energy Scattered from the Zone of Diffuse Cavern Porosity and Cracking in Massive Rocks,” Geofizika, No. 6, 5–19 (2005).Google Scholar