Nonlinear radial oscillations and spatial translations of a nonspherical gas bubble in a liquid
- 34 Downloads
A mathematical model of dynamics of a gas bubble in a liquid with non-small distortions of its spherical shape has been developed, with allowing for the spatial translations of the bubble, as well as the influence of the gravitational force and the liquid velocity. The liquid viscosity and compressibility are taken into account approximately. It has been shown that in some particular cases the derived equations are coincident with those obtained by the other authors. Some results of solving the problem of oscillations of a moving nonspherical bubble under periodic variation of liquid pressure are presented.
Keywordsa nonspherical gas bubble potential flow of fluid nonlinear oscillations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.V. G. Levich, Physical-Chamical Hydrodynamics, (gos. izd-vo f.-m. liter, Moscow, 1959) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.S. J. Show, “Translation and Oscillation of a Bubble Under Axisymmetric Deformation,” Physics of fluids 18, p. 15 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Mettin and A. A. Doinikov, “Translational Instability of a Spherical Bubble in a Standing Ultrasound Wave”, Preprint submitted in Elsevier 21 November 2008, p. 18.Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Aganin, M. A. Il’gamov, L. A. Kosolapova, and V. G. Malakhov, “Non-linear Non-spherical Oscillations of a Gas Bubble at Periodic Changing of Pressure of Surrounding Liquid,” Teplofizika I Aeromekhanika 15(3), pp. 521–533 (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.R. I. Nigmatullin, I. Sh. Akhatov, and N. K. Vakhitova, “On Compressibility of Liquid in Dynamics of a Gas Bubble,” Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk 348(6), pp. 768–771 (1996).Google Scholar
- 10.M. A. Il’gamov, A. A. Aganin, L. A. Kosolapova, et al., “Models of Dynamics of Non-spherical Bubble Taking Viscosity of Liquid into Account,” in Tr. Mat. Tsentra im. N. I. Lobachevskogo. T.16. Modeli mekhaniki sploshnoi sredy. Materialy 16-i sessii Mezhdunar. shkoly po modelyam mekhaniki sploshnoi sredy (Kazan, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.E. Hairer, S. P. Norsett, and G. Wanner, Solving Ordinary Differential Equations. Nonstiff Problems (Mir, Moscow, 1990).Google Scholar
- 12.O. V. Voinov and A. G. Petrov, “Motion of Sphere of Alternating Volume in Ideal Liquid near Planar Surface,” Mekhanika Zhidkosti I Gaza, No. 5, pp. 94–103 (1971).Google Scholar