Direct numerical simulation of turbulent flows in fuel rod bundles
- 75 Downloads
Numerical methods for solving conservation equations using the DINUS code are presented. The DINUS code has been developed for direct numerical simulation of thermal-hydraulic phenomena in fuel rod bundles. To examine the methods, two test problems have been studied: turbulent flows between parallel plates and in a Triangular-Arrayed rod bundle.
Keywordsdirect numerical simulation turbulent flow fuel rod bundle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Baglietto and H. Ninokata, “Improved Turbulence Modeling for Performance Evaluation of Novel Fuel Designs,” in The 11th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics (NURETH-11) (Avignon, 2005).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Baglietto, “Anisotropic Turbulence Modeling for Accurate Rod Bundle Simulations,” in The 14th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE-14) (Miami, 2006).Google Scholar
- 3.T. Ikeno and T. Kajishima, “Large Eddy Simulation of Fully Developed Sub-Channel Turbulence,” in The 10th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics (NURETH-10) (Seoul, 2003).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Misawa, H. Ninokata, and I. Maekawa, “Calculation of Detailed Velocity Distributions in Fuel Pin Bundles of Infinite Triangular Array Configuration Using Direct Numerical Simulation,” in The 6th International Conference on Nuclear Thermal Hydraulics, Operations, and Safety (NUTHOS-6) (Nara, 2004).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. V. Yudov, “Calculation of Inter-Subchannel Turbulent Mixing Rate and Heat Transfer in a Triangular-Arrayed Rod Bundle Using Direct Numerical Simulation,” in The 14th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE-14) (Miami, 2006).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. V. Yudov, I. G. Danilov, and D. N. Donchenko, “Development of the DINUS Code for Direct Numerical Simulation of Thermal-Hydraulic Processes in Fuel Rod Bundles,” in Interdepartamental Seminar ‘Thermal Physics-2008. Thermal-Hydraulic Aspects of the Safety of the Reactor Cores Cooled by Water or Liquid Metals’ (Obninsk, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.W. Hackbush, Multi-Grid Methods and Applications (Springer, Berlin, 1985).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. V. Yudov and A. V. Vladimirov, “Parallel Algorithm of Three-Dimensional Pressure Field Calculation in Simulation of Spatial Thermal-Hydraulic Processes,” in The 5th International Scientific and Technical Conference ‘Ensuring VVER NPP Safety’ (Podol’sk, 2007).Google Scholar