The estimation of the yield of investment projects under uncertain conditions
- 28 Downloads
This paper covers the methods for assessing the yield of investment projects. In this article, I consider the modified Cantor-Lipman model, which takes into account the probability of a crisis in the investments market and its impact on investor behavior. In such a formulation, the problem is reduced to the Belman equation. However, I cannot solve this equation for the general case. I investigate the case when a cautious investment strategy, which avoids bankruptcy, is the optimum strategy. In this case, the task of researching a dynamic system, based on a cautious strategy of the investor, is carried out. This paper concentrates on studying the trajectories of a system of balanced growth and the lower bound of the capital growth of the investor is estimated.
KeywordsInvestment Project Internal Rate Economical Dynamics Capital Growth Balance Growth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Fisher, The Rate of Interest (Macmillan Co., New York, 1907).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Hirshleifer, “On the Theory of Optimal Decision,” J. Polit. Econ., No. 66, 229–239 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.R. M. Solow, Capital Theory and the Rate of Return (North Holland Press, Amsterdam, 1963).Google Scholar
- 10.E. L. Presman and I. M. Sonin, Growth Rate, Internal Rates of Return and Financial Bubbles. Working Paper (CEMI Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, 2000), no. 103.Google Scholar
- 11.V. Z. Belen’kii, “Economical Dynamics: Analysis of Investment Projects in the Frames of Neumann-Gale Linear Model,” Preprint of TsEMI RAN, no. WP/2002/137 (Central Economics and Mathematics Institute RAS, Moscow, 2002).Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Shananin and L. I. Bikkinina, “On to the Theory of Investment Projects Profitability under Conditions of Imperfect Financial Market,” Proc. XLVI Conf. MFTI (Moscow, 2003), pp. 136–137.Google Scholar
- 13.M. P. Vashchenko, “Study of Bellman’s Equation in One Problem on Optimal Investment,” Collection of Scientific Papers of Young Scientists of Moscow State University, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics (2006), issue 3, pp. 32–43 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.V. Z. Belen’kii, Optimization Models of Economical Dynamics. Definitions. 1D Models. Bellman’s Approach (Nauka, Moscow, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.V. Z. Belen’kii, “Economical Dynamics: Generalizing Budgetary Factorization of Gale Technology,” Ekonomika i mat. metody, No. 1 (1990).Google Scholar
- 16.V. L. Makarov and A. M. Rubinov, Mathematical Theory of Economical Dynamics and Equilibrium (Nauka, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 18.M. I. Nechepurenko, Iteration of Real Functions and Functional Equations (IVMiMG SO RAN, Novosibirsk, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar