Main Hugoniot adiabats in the tefis database of thermophysical properties of substances (TEFIS)
TEFIS is a database of data on the thermophysical properties of substances in extreme conditions, which is being developed at the Institute for Mathematical Modeling of the Russian Academy of Sciences. It is based on experimental data and original theoretical models. An important part of the database is devoted to Hugoniot adiabats. This work covers that part of the database that allows one to construct the main Hugoniot adiabats within an extremely wide pressure range, from zero to a few billion atmospheres, attaining record-high accuracy, five to ten times better than the present-day worldwide maximum, being attained for some substances.
KeywordsThermophysical Property Experimental Data Point Initial Section Porous Substance Exchange Correction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Experimental Data on the Shock Compression and Adiabatic Expansion of Condensed Substances, 2nd ed., Ed. by R. F. Trunin (Sarov, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.LASL Shock Hugoniot Data, Ed. by S. P. Marsh (Univ. Calif. Press, Berkeley, 1980).Google Scholar
- 3.Compendium of Shock Wave Data, Ed. by M. van Thiel (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Report UCRL-50108, Livermore, CA, 1977).Google Scholar
- 4.ITES Database (http://www.ihed.ras.ru/rusbank/) [in Russian].
- 5.N. N. Kalitkin and L. V. Kuz’mina, “Shock Adiabats of 83 Substances,” Khimicheskaya Fizika 18(10), 74–78 (1999).Google Scholar