Modeling of the radiation transfer under partial frequency redistribution
- 27 Downloads
A model is developed of the resonance radiation transfer under partial redistribution over frequencies. The media’s condition is described via the rate population balance equations for the two-level atom. The spectral intensity of the scattered radiation is calculated according to the stationary transfer equation. The light scattering by the atoms is modeled by a linear combination of the angle-averaged redistribution functions, R II and R III. The obtained integro-differential equation system is solved numerically taking into account the radiation transfer in a cylindrical gas containing volume. The influence is investigated of the partial frequency redistribution on the sodium atom resonance line (λ = 589 nm) profile as well as on the efficient vapor afterglow duration depending on its optical thickness.
KeywordsRadiation Transfer Optical Thickness Sodium Atom Redistribution Function Atom Emission Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. M. Biberman “To the Theory of the Resonance Radiation Diffusion,” JETF (J. Exper. Theor. Phys) 17, 416–426 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Sobolev, Radiation Transfer in the Stellar and Planetary Atmosphere (Gostekhizdat, Moscow 1965) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Ivanov, Radiation Transfer and Spectra of the Celestial Bodies (Nauka, Moscow, 1969) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.D. I. Nagirner, “Theory of the Radiation Transfer in the Spectral Lines” Itogi nauki i tekhniki. Ser. “Astronomiya” (Sciense and Research Results. Ser. “Astronomy”), Available from VINITI, Moscow, 1983 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.D. Mihalas Stellar Atmospheres, W. H. Freeman Company, 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.N. I. Kosarev “Laser Resonance Ionization of Sodium Atoms under the Radiation Transfer Conditions,” Matematicheskoe modelirovanie 17, 105–122 (Math. Modeling), [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.Handbook on the Special Functions, Eds. M. Abramovits and I. Stigan, (Nauka, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.The Physical Value Tables. The Handbook, Ed. I. K. Kikoin (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.A. N. Kliucharev and N. N. Bezuglov, Processes of the Atom Excitation and Ionization under Light Absorption (Leningrad State Univ., Leningrad, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar