Algorithms for solving inverse geophysical problems on parallel computing systems
- 69 Downloads
For solving inverse gravimetry problems, efficient stable parallel algorithms based on iterative gradient methods are proposed. For solving systems of linear algebraic equations with block-tridiagonal matrices arising in geoelectrics problems, a parallel matrix sweep algorithm, a square root method, and a conjugate gradient method with preconditioner are proposed. The algorithms are implemented numerically on a parallel computing system of the Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics (PCS-IMM), NVIDIA graphics processors, and an Intel multi-core CPU with some new computing technologies. The parallel algorithms are incorporated into a system of remote computations entitled “Specialized Web-Portal for Solving Geophysical Problems on Multiprocessor Computers.” Some problems with “quasi-model” and real data are solved.
Keywordsinverse gravimetry problems parallel algorithms direct and iterative methods parallel computing systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Martyshko, P.S. and Koksharov, D.E., Determination of Density in a LayeredMedium by Gravitational Data, Geofiz. Zh., 2005, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 678–684.Google Scholar
- 2.Numerov, B.V., Interpretation of Gravitational Observations in the Case of One Contact Surface, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1930, no. 21, pp. 569–574.Google Scholar
- 3.Vasin, V.V. and Eremin, I.I., Operatory i iteratsionnye protsessy feierovskogo tipa. Teoriya i prilozheniya (Operators and Iterative Processes of Fejer Type: Theory and Applications), Yekaterinburg: UrB RAS, 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.Dashevskii, Yu.A., Surodina, I.V., and Epov, M.I., Quasi-Three-Dimensional Mathematical Simulation of Diagrams of Nonaxisymmetric Direct Current Sondes in AnisotropicMedia, Sib. Zh. Ind.Mat., 2002, vol. 5, no. 3 (11), pp. 76–91.Google Scholar
- 5.Martyshko, P.S. and Prutkin, I.L., Technology of Separation of Gravitational Field Sources in Depth, Geofiz. Zh., 2003, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 159–168.Google Scholar
- 8.Akimova, E.N. and Belousov, D.V., Parallelization of Algorithms for Solving the Linear Inverse Problem of Gravimetry on PCS-1000 and Graphic Processors, Vestnik NNGU, pt. 1, 2010, no. 5, pp. 193–200.Google Scholar
- 10.Faddeev, V.K. and Faddeeva, V.N., Vychislitel’nye metody lineinoi algebry (Computational Methods of Linear Algebra), Moscow: Gostekhizdat, 1963.Google Scholar
- 12.Samarskii, A.A. and Nikolaev, E.S., Metody resheniya setochnykh uravnenii (Methods for Solving Grid Equations), Moscow: Nauka, 1978.Google Scholar
- 13.Akimova, E.N. and Gemaidinov, D.V., Parallel Algorithms for Solving the Inverse Gravimetry Problem and Organization of Remote Communication between PCS-1000 and the User, Vych. Met. Progr., 2008, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 133–144.Google Scholar
- 14.Martyshko, P.S., Vasin, V.V., Akimova, E.N., and P’yankov, V.A., Complex Interpretation of Gravitational and Magneto-Variational Data (Using Pre-Ural Bashkiria as an Example), Geofiz., 2011, no. 4, pp. 30–36.Google Scholar
- 15.Metodika razrabotki mnogopotochnykh prilozhenii: printsipy i prakticheskaya realizatsiya (Methods of Developing Multithread Applications: Principles and Practical Implementation), URL: http://www.rsdn.ru/article/baseserv/RUThreadingMethodology.xml (download date: 06.02.2012).