Reconstruction of the solenoidal part of a three-dimensional vector field by its ray transforms along straight lines parallel to coordinate planes
- 47 Downloads
A numerical solution to a vector field reconstruction problem is proposed. It is assumed that the field is given in a unit sphere. The approximation of the solenoidal part of the vector field is constructed from ray transforms known over all straight lines parallel to one of the coordinate planes. Numerical simulations confirm that the proposed method yields good results of reconstruction of solenoidal vector fields.
Keywordsvector tomography solenoidal vector field approximation inversion formula ray transform fast Fourier transform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Louis, A.K., Nonuniqueness in Inverse Radon Problems: The Frequency Distribution of the Ghost, Math. Z., 1984, no. 185, pp. 429–440.Google Scholar
- 7.Alekseev, A.S., Lavrent’ev, M.M., Romanov, M.E., and Romanov, V.G., Theoretical and Computational Aspects of Seismic Tomography, Surv. Geophys., 1990, no. 11, pp. 395–409.Google Scholar
- 9.Sharafutdinov, V.A., Integral’naya geometriya tenzornykh polei (Integral Geometry of Tensor Fields), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1993.Google Scholar
- 10.Schuster, T., The 3DDoppler Transform: Elementary Properties and Computation ofReconstructionKernels, Inv. Problems, 2000, no. 16, pp. 701–722.Google Scholar
- 11.Vertgeim, L., Integral Geometry Problems for Symmetric Tensor Fields with Incomplete Data, J. Inv. Ill-Posed Problems, 2000, no. 8, pp. 353–362.Google Scholar
- 12.Denisjuk, A., Inversion of the X-ray Transform for 3D Symmetric Tensor Fields with Sources on a Curve, Inv. Problems, 2000, no. 22, pp. 399–411.Google Scholar
- 13.Sharafutdinov, V., Slice-by-Slice Reconstruction Algorithm for Vector Tomography with Incomplete Data, Inv. Problems, 2007, no. 23, pp. 2603–2627.Google Scholar
- 14.Kochin, N.E., Vektornoe ischislenie i nachala tenzornogo ischisleniya (Vector Calculus and Fundamentals of Tensor Calculus), Moscow: Nauka, 1965.Google Scholar