Inverses of cyclic band matrices and the convergence of interpolation processes for derivatives of periodic interpolation splines
- 51 Downloads
Entries of matrices inverse to cyclic band ones, as well as norms of the inverse matrices, are estimated. The estimates obtained are used to specify conditions under which interpolation processes with periodic odd degree splines converge for different derivatives. In particular, we give a positive solution to the C. de Boor problem on unconditional convergence of one of two middle derivatives without imposing any restrictions on a grid in the periodic case.
Key wordsband(ed) matrix cyclic band(ed) matrix inverse matrix norm of matrix spline interpolation convergence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.de Boor, C., Odd-Degree Spline Interpolation at a Biinfinite Knot Sequence, Lect. Notes Math., vol. 556, pp. 30–53.Google Scholar
- 5.Volkov, Yu.S., Unconditional Convergence of One More Middle Derivative for Odd-Degree Spline Interpolation, Dokl. RAN, 2005, vol. 401, no. 5, pp. 592–594.Google Scholar
- 8.Ahlberg, J.H., Nilson, E.N., and Walsh, J.L., Teoriya splainov i ee prilozheniya (The Theory of Splines and Its Applications), Moscow: Mir, 1972.Google Scholar
- 10.Volkov, Yu.S., Constructing Interpolating Polynomial Splines, Vych. Sist., 1997, issue 159, pp. 3–18.Google Scholar
- 11.Volkov, Yu.S., Uniform Convergence of Derivatives of Odd-Degree Spline Interpolation, Preprint of Sobolev Inst. Math. SB RAS, Novosibirsk, 1984, no. 62.Google Scholar
- 13.Zmatrakov, N.L., Uniform Convergence of Third Derivatives of Interpolating Cubic Splines, Vych. Sist., 1977, issue 72, pp. 10–29.Google Scholar
- 15.Volkov, Yu.S., Divergence of Odd-Degree Spline Interpolation, Vych. Sist., 1984, issue 106, pp. 41–56.Google Scholar