A study of the dynamics of the climate system of Northern Eurasia and the Arctic basin
The climate dynamics in Northern Eurasia under the conditions of global climate change is studied based on atmosphere-ocean coupled general circulation models. Feedbacks for some parameters of the atmosphere are assessed and analyzed. The role of the biosphere in the climate dynamics of the 21st century is investigated with allowance for the structure of the surface layer, vegetation layer, soil, and hydrology dynamics. Peculiarities of the dynamics of the North Atlantic and the Arctic Ocean are explored over periods pertaining to various phases of the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) index.
Key wordsclimate dynamics mathematical modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dymnikov, V.P., Lykosov, V.N., Volodin, E.M., et al., Current Problems of Numerical Mathematics and Mathematical Modeling. Modeling Climate and Its Changes, Coll. Pap. Devot. to the 80th Birthday of G.I. Marchuk and 25th Anniversary of the INM RAS, Moscow: Nauka, 2005, vol. 2, pp. 13–137.Google Scholar
- 2.Meleshko, V.P., Golitsyn, G.S., Govorkova, V.A., Demchenko, P.F., Eliseyev, A.V., Kattsov, V.M., Malevskii-Malevich, S.P., Mokhov, I.I., Nadezhina, E.D., Semyonov, V.A., Sporyshev, P.V., and Khon, V.Ch., Possible Anthropogenic Changes of Russian Climate in the XXI Century: Estimates over an Ensemble of Climatic Models, Meteor. Gidrol., 2004, no. 4, pp. 38–49.Google Scholar
- 3.Dianskii, N.A. and Volodin, E.M., Modeling Modern Climate in an Atmosphere-Ocean Coupled General Circulation Model, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Fiz. Atm. Ok., 2002, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 732–747.Google Scholar
- 4.Volodin, E.M. and Dianskii, N.A., Modeling Climate Changes in the XX–XXII Centuries with an Atmosphere-Ocean Coupled General Circulation Model, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Fiz. Atm. Ok., 2006, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 291–306.Google Scholar
- 5.Le Treut, H., Somerville, R., Cubasch, U., Ding, Y., Mauritzen, C., Mokssit, A., Peterson, T., and Prather, M., Historical Overview of Climate Change, Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Solomon, S., Qin, D., Manning, M., Chen, Z., Marquis, M., Averyt, K.B., Tignor, M., and Miller, H.L., Eds., New York: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2007.Google Scholar
- 7.Eliseyev, A.V., Mokhov, I.I., and Karpenko, A.A., Effect of Allowance for a Direct Radiative Impact of Sulfate Aerosols on Results of Numerical Experiments with a Climatic Model of Moderate Complexity, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Fiz. Atm. Ok., 2007, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 591–601.Google Scholar
- 8.Alekseyev, V.A., Volodin, E.M., Galin, V.Ya., Dymnikov, V.P., and Lykosov, V.N., Modeling Modern Climate Using an Atmospheric Model, Preprint of the Institute of Numerical Mathematics, Russ. Acad. Sci., Moscow, 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.Colman, R., A Comparison of Climate Feedbacks in GCMs, Clim. Dyn., 2003, no. 20, pp. 865–873.Google Scholar