Simulation of filtrational gas combustion processes in nonhomogeneous porous media
- 25 Downloads
A one-dimensional two-temperature model of a combustion front moving with filtration of a fuel gaseous mixture in chemically inert porous media with discontinuous thermophysical parameters is investigated from numerical standpoint. From the algorithmic viewpoint, the emphasis is on new applications of two-level explicit and semi-implicit difference schemes with moving adaptive grids. From the angle of physical features of the processes under consideration, the bulk of attention is focused on aspects of combustion front stabilization, which is important in some technical applications.
Key wordscombustion porousmedia discontinuous parameters difference scheme adaptive grid stabilization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Babkin, V.S. and Laevsky, Yu.M., Filtrational Gas Combustion, Fiz., Gor. Vzryva, 1987, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 27–44.Google Scholar
- 2.Laevsky, Yu.M. and Babkin, V.S., Filtrational Gas Combustion, in Rasprostranenie teplovykh voln v geterogennykh sredakh (Propagation of Thermal Waves in Heterogeneous Media), Matros, Yu.Sh., Ed., Novosibirsk, 1988, pp. 108–145.Google Scholar
- 3.Takeno, T., Sato, K., and Hase, K., A Theoretical Study on an Excess Enthalpy Flame, Proc. Combust. Inst., 1981, vol. 18, pp. 465–472.Google Scholar
- 4.Kakutkina, N.A., Borovykh, I.V., Laevsky, Yu.M., and Babkin, V.S., Spherical Waves of Filtrational Gas Combustion, in Combustion Detonation, Shock Waves, Proc. Zel’dovich Mem., Frolov, S.M., Ed., Moscow: Russian Sect. Comb. Inst., 1994, vol. 2, pp. 191–194.Google Scholar
- 5.Drobyshevich, V.I., Numerical Study of Combustion in a Cylindrical Porous Burner, Fiz., Gor. Vzryva, 2008, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 17–21.Google Scholar
- 7.Trimis, D., Stabilized Combustion in Porous Media-Application of the Porous Burner Technology in Energy and Heat Engineering, AIAA Paper 2000–2298, Am. Inst. Aer. Astr., Denver, Colorado.Google Scholar
- 8.Babkin, V.S., Bunev, V.A., Kakutkina, N.A., Laevsky, Yu.M., and Namyatov, I.G., Problems of the Reverse Process with a Gas-Phase Reaction of Methane Oxidation, Gor. Plasmokhim., 2003, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 357–370.Google Scholar
- 9.Laevsky, Yu.M. and Yausheva, L.V., Numerical Simulation of Filtrational Gas Combustion on the Basis of Two-Level Semi-Implicit Difference Schemes, Vych. Tekhnol., 2007, vol. 12, no. 100, pp. 90–103.Google Scholar