A V-cycle multigrid method for a viscoelastic fluid flow satisfying an Oldroyd-B-type constitutive equation
A V-cycle multigrid method is developed for a time-dependent viscoelastic fluid flow satisfying an Oldroyd-B-type constitutive equation in two-dimensional domains. Also existence, uniqueness, and error estimates of an approximate solution are discussed. The approximate stress, velocity, and pressure are, respectively, σ k -discontinuous, u k -continuous, and p k -continuous.
Key wordsviscoelastic fluid flow satisfying Oldroyd-B-type constitutive equation V-cycle multigrid method convergence analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xu, J., A Novel Two-Grid Method for Semilinear Equations, SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 1994, no. 15, pp. 231–237.Google Scholar
- 2.Xu, J., Two-Grid Discretization Techniques for Linear and Non-Linear PDEs, SIAM J. Num. Anal., 1996, no. 33, pp. 1759–1777.Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, Y., Huang, Y.Q., and Yu, D., A Two-Grid Method for Expanded Mixed Finite-Element Solution of Semilinear Reaction-Diffusion Equations, Nat. Sci. J. Xiangtan Univ., 2002, no. 24, pp. 101–124.Google Scholar
- 4.Dawson, C.N. and Wheeler, M.F., Two-Grid Methods for Mixed Finite Element Approximations of Non-Linear Parabolic Equations, Math., 1994, no. 180, pp. 191–203.Google Scholar
- 5.Brenner, S.C. and Scott, L.R., The Mathematical Theory of Finite Element Methods, Springer-Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.Baranger, J. and Sandri, D., Finite Element Approximation of Viscoelastic Fluid Flow: Existence of Approximate Solutions and Error Bounds, Num. Math., 1992, no. 63, pp. 13–27.Google Scholar
- 7.Sandri, D., Finite Element Approximation of Viscoelastic Fluid Flow: Existence of Approximate Solutions and Error Bounds. II. Continuous Approximation of the Stress, SIAM J. Num. Anal., 1994, no. 31, pp. 362–377.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, Hongwei and Lu, Zuliang, Mixed Finite Element Method of Viscoelastic Fluid Flow, J. Changsha Univ. Electric Power, 2006, no. 4, pp. 36–44.Google Scholar