The influence of isocyanate index on the physico-mechanical properties of sealants and coatings based on polyurea
- 33 Downloads
The results of a study of compositions based on polyureas as a new type of primary products for adhesion materials are presented. It has been shown that some of physico-mechanical properties of such elastomeric materials can be controlled by varying the isocyanate index of the starting compositions.
Keywordspolyurea polyurethanes isocyanate index isocyanate prepolymer aromatic amines aliphatic amines
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Romanov, Yu. T. Panov, and K. A. Timakova, “Polyurea are a new promising class of binders for adhesives, sealants, and coatings,” Klei, Germetiki, Tekhnol., No. 1, 2–8 (2013).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Randall and S. Lee, The Polyurethanes Book, (Wiley, New York, 2002).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Grujicic, B. Pandurangan, A. King, et al., “Multilength scale modeling and analysis of microstructure evolution and mechanical properties in polyurea.” http://myweb.clemson.edu/~gmica/Publications/aRef_220.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 4.M. Broekaert, “Polyureaspraycoatings.” http:// www.huntsman.com/portal/page/portal/polyurethanes/Google Scholar
- 5.J. L. Reddinger and K. M. Hilman, “Exploiting the raw material/physical property relationship for the fine tuning of polyurea caulking systems.” http://www. huntsman.com/portal/Google Scholar