Explicit eigenvalues of some perturbed heptadiagonal matrices via recurrent sequences
- 93 Downloads
In this paper we present a direct method to calculate explicit expressions of eigenvalues of some perturbed heptadiagonal matrices. The method is of interest to engineers and statisticians since it is based on elementary properties of determinants and recurrent sequences. The use and even the knowledge of the theory of orthogonal polynomials, which was usually necessary (see for example ) is not needed here. Once the needed recurent relations are obtained, we use the theory of recurrent sequences and trigonometric formulas.
Keywords and phrasesEigenvalues heptadiagonal matrices characteristic polynomial recurrent relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.J. Cao and J. Sun, Int. J. for Numerical Analysis Simulation 2, 15–27.Google Scholar
- 6.D. G. Opoku, Dimitris G. Triantos, Fred Nitzsche, and Spyros G. Voutsinas, ICAS 2002 Congress, pp. 299.1–299.11 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.Fabrício A. B. Silva, E. P. Lopes, and Eliana P. L. Aude, Flavio Mendes, Henrique Serdeira1, Julio Silveira1, Proc. of the 36th Annual Simulation Symposium (ANSS’03) (2003).Google Scholar
- 10.K. A. Hoffmann, and S. T. Chiang, Computational Fluid Dynamics For Engineers (Engineering Education System, Kansas, 1993), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 16.S. Kouachi, “Direct Methods to Calculate Explicit Eigenvalues of Pentadiagonal Matrices”, submitted to Ensaios Matematicos.Google Scholar
- 17.A. Martńez, L. Bergamaschi, M. Caliari, and M. Vianello, J. of Computational and Applied Mathematics (in press).Google Scholar