Iterative methods for solving variational inequalities of the theory of soft shells
- 43 Downloads
The convergence of iterative methods for solving variational inequalities with monotone-type operators in Banach spaces is studied. Such inequalities arise in the description of deformation processes of soft rotational network shells. Certain properties of these operators, such as coercivity, potentiality, bounded Lipschitz continuity, pseudomonotonicity, and inverse strong monotonicity, are determined. An iterative method for solving these variational inequalities is proposed, its convergence is investigated, and the boundedness of the iterative sequence is proved. Moreover, it is proved that any weakly convergent subsequence of the iterative sequence converges to a solution of the original variational inequality.
Keywords and phrasesvariational inequality pseudomonotone operator potential operator iterative method soft network shell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.R. Abdyusheva, I. B. Badriev, V. V. Banderov, O. A. Zadvornov, and R. R. Tagirov, “Mathematical modeling of the problem on the equilibrium of a soft biological shell. I. Generalized setting,” Uchen. Zap. Kazan. Univ. Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Nauk 154(4), 57–73 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.J.-L. Lions, Quelques methodes de résolution des problémes aux limites nonlinéaires (Dunod, Paris, 1969; Mir, Moscow, 1972).Google Scholar
- 7.E. G. Gol’shtein and N. V. Tret’yakov, Modified Lagrangian functions (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.A. D. Lyashko and M. M. Karchevskii, “Solution of certain nonlinear problems of filtration theory,” Soviet Math. (Izv. VUZ. Mat.), 19(6), 60–66 (1975).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Glowinski, G.-L. Lions, and R. Trémolières, Analyse numérique des inéquations variationneles (Dunod, Paris, 1976; Mir, Moscow, 1979).Google Scholar
- 16.M. Fortin and R. Glowinski, Méthodes de lagrangien augmenté: applications à la résolution numérique de problèmes aux limites (Dunod, Paris, 1982).Google Scholar