Chemical kinetic model of the chain reaction of atmospheric nitrogen oxidation initiated by electric discharge
- 31 Downloads
To develop an adequate mathematical description of explosion in air observed under the specific conditions of electric discharge initiation, we considered a chemical kinetic model of interaction between two chain reactions: NO oxidation, which provides high concentration of О atoms required for obtaining nitrogen oxide in the processes O + N2(A 3Σ u +) → O(1 S) and O(1 S)–N2 + O → NO + NO(B 2Π) and nitrogen oxidation, which leads to electronically excited NO2* molecules required for the formation of О atoms in the oxidation of NO. This positive feedback leads to an avalanche-like increase in the concentration of О atoms and the rate of both chain reactions, i.e., causes an explosion in air initiated by electric discharge.
Keywordselectric discharge chain reaction NO oxidation atmospheric nitrogen oxidation explosion in air О atoms electronically excited molecules NO* NO2* chemical kinetic model kinetic equations quasistationary concentrations method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. G. Fedotov and E. Ya. Fedotova, Inzh. Fiz., No. 2, 23 (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Fedotov and E. Ya. Fedotova, J. Phys. Chem. Biophys. 5, 1000195 (2015). doi 10.4172/2161-0398.1000195Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Fedotov and E. Ya. Fedotova, Inzh. Fiz., No. 8, 25 (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.V. N. Kondrat’ev and E. E. Nikitin, Kinetics and Mechanism of Gas-Phase Reactions (Nauka, Moscow, 1974), p. 394 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.H. Okabe, Photochemistry of Small Molecules (Wiley, New York, 1978; Mir, Moscow, 1981).Google Scholar