Ignition of energetic materials by a high-current electron beam and the effect of irradiation on their thermal sensitivity
- 25 Downloads
The ignition of a powdered nitrocellulose–nitroglycerin composition and its mixtures with lead oxide and zirconium in different ratios by a high-current electron beam is studied. Experimental results on assessing the influence of electron beam irradiation on the thermal sensitivity of the studied energetic materials are reported. It is shown that the key role in the ignition of the materials is played by the cathode flare generated at the cathode after the electron beam.
Keywordshigh-current electron beam cathode flare ignition thermal sensitivity energetic material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Batsanov, B. A. Demidov, and L. I. Rudakov, JETP Lett. 30, 575 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Bel’skii, V. N. German, and I. P. Khabarov, Khim. Fiz. 14 (2–3), 27 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.S. M. Ryabykh and V. P. Zhulanova, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva, No. 4, 110 (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. A. Zakharov, E. D. Aluker, B. P. Aduev, et al., Preexplosive Phenomena in Heavy Metal Azides (Khimmash, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. E. Zarko, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva, No. 6, 3 (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.G. G. Savenkov, V. A. Morozov, G. V. Semashkin, et al., Izv. SPbGTI (TU), No. 21, 80 (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.E. L. Matukhin, Kh. A. Yakushev, and N. K. Vasil’ev, in Proceedings of the All-Russia Scientific-Engineering and Educational-Methodical Conference on Ignition and Combustion of Condensed Systems and Emissions from Their Flames (Kazan. Gos. Tekh. Univ., Kazan, 2001), p. 54.Google Scholar
- 10.G. A. Mesyats, Ectons in Vacuum Discharges: Breakdown, Spark, and Arc (Nauka, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. I. Meshcheryakov and V. A. Morozov, Sov. Tech. Phys. 24, 1117 (1979).Google Scholar