A model of the multiple adsorption of hydrogen atoms on the surface of carbon nanotubes
- 49 Downloads
A model of the multiple adsorption of atomic hydrogen on the surface of single-walled carbon nanotubes of the zigzag and arm-chair types was constructed. The adsorption model is based on the Anderson periodic model. An analytic equation for the band structure of carbon nanotubes with adsorbed hydrogen atoms was obtained, and the special features of this structure were studied. The dependence of the band structure of carbon nanotubes on the concentration of adsorbed hydrogen atoms was analyzed. The model constructed can be used to study adsorption of other univalent atoms on the surface of carbon particles.
KeywordsBand Structure Anderson Model Adsorbed Atom Impurity Band Adsorbed Hydrogen Atom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.P. N. D’yachkov, Electronic Properties and Applications of Nanotubes (BINOM, Laboratoriya znanii, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. A. Izyumov, I. I. Chashchin, and D. S. Alekseev, A Generating-Functional Approach in the Theory of Magnetic and Strongly Correlated Systems (Regular. Khaotich. Dinamika, Moscow, Izhevsk, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.S. Yu. Davydov and G. I. Sabirova, Tech. Phys. Lett. 36, 515 (2010).Google Scholar
- 8.N. N. Yanyushkina, M. B. Belonenko, and N. G. Lebedev, Mater. Sci. Appl. 1, 72 (2010).Google Scholar
- 10.S. V. Tyablikov, Methods in the Quantum Theory of Magnetism (2nd ed., Nauka, Moscow, 1975; Plenum Press, New York, 1967).Google Scholar
- 11.N. F. Stepanov, Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Chemistry (Mir, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar