Conglomeration at supersaturation with vacancies in a condensate formed from the gas phase at liquid-helium temperatures and an algorithm of its simulation
- 35 Downloads
Based on an experimentally obtained video sequence, conglomeration in a 4 : 1 methane-chlorine solid mixture prepared by co-condensation from the gas phase at liquid-helium temperatures and the collective recrystallization of chlorine stimulated by it are examined. An oscillatory mode of conglomeration is observed. Ultrasound is demonstrated to speed up the process. Supersaturation with vacancies is explained by long-range aggregation in a lyophobic disperse system and by establishment of special conditions of mass transfer under the influence of ultrasound. A modified diffusion-limited aggregation model is proposed for computer simulation of the oscillatory mode of conglomeration.
Keywordsmethane chlorine conglomeration liquid-helium temperatures
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Lifshits and V. V. Slezov, Sov. Phys. JETP 8, 331 (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Benderskii, V. A. Titov, and P. G. Filippov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 278, 1157 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Benderskii, V. A. Titov, and P. G. Filippov, Khim. Fiz. 7, 327 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.A. K. Rebrov, in Molecular Gas Dynamics, Collection of Scientific Works of Thermal Physics Institute (Novosibirsk, 1980), p. 205 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.Modern Crystallography, Ed. by B. K. Vainshtein, A. A. Chernov, and L. A. Shuvalov (Nauka, Moscow, 1981), p. 495 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.B. V. Deryagin, Usp. Khim. 48, 675 (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 1: Mechanics (Nauka, Moscow, 1982; Pergamon Press, New York, 1988), p. 386.Google Scholar
- 10.E. Feder, Fractals (Plenum, New York, 1988; Mir, Moscow, 1991).Google Scholar
- 11.M. B. Belonenko and V. A. Titov, Vestn. Volgogr. Univ., No. 1, 140 (1996).Google Scholar