Calculation of the explosion frequency curve for impacted RDX
- 44 Downloads
A deformation model of the destruction of HE charges and initiation of explosion by impact in combination with the assumption on the normal distribution of charge strength was used to calculate the explosion frequency curve for RDX, which proved to be in good agreement with the available experimental data on the impact sensitivity of this high explosive.
KeywordsImpact Energy Compression Strength Deformation Model High Explosive Impact Sensitivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. T. Afanas’ev and V. K. Bobolev, Impact Initiation of Solid Explosives (Nauka, Moscow, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.M. V. Lisanov and A. V. Dubovik, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 27(4), 99 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Dubovik, in Problems of Reliability and Safety of Technological Processes (RKhTU im. D.I. Mendeleeva, Moscow, 2006), p. 88 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Dubovik, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 38(5), 118 (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.N. D. Maurina, N. A. Fedosova, and V. S. Ryazanskaya, in Blasting, No. 68/25 (Nedra, Moscow, 1970), p. 158 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.B. N. Kondrikov, in Explosive Materials and Pyrotechnics, Vol. 7–8 (TsNIINTI KPK, Moscow, 1994) [in Russian].Google Scholar