Reconstruction of the singular support of a tensor field given in a refracting medium by its ray transform
We propose some approaches for numerically solving the problem of reconstructing the singular support of a symmetric tensor field, given in a refracting medium, by its known ray transform. To solve the problem, we use the back-projection operators that act on the ray transforms and the tensor analysis methods on Riemannian manifolds. We construct the operators of the medium inhomogeneity indicator that allow us to identify the sets of points of the singular support of the scalar, vector, and tensor fields. We propose and implement algorithms for solving the problem under study.
Keywordstomography tensor field function discontinuity singular support refraction ray transform back-projection operator tensor analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. I. Vainberg, I. A. Kazak, and M. L. Faingoiz, “X-Ray Computerized Back Projection Tomography with Filtration by Double Differentiation. Procedure and Information Features,” Soviet J. Nondest. Test. No. 21, pp.106–113 (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.N. E. Kochin, Vector Calculus and Basics of Tensor Calculus (ONTI, Leningrad, 1934) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.I. S. Gradsteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products (Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1963; Academic Press, New York, 1980).Google Scholar
- 14.F. Monard, “On Reconstruction Formulas for the Ray Transform Acting on Symmetric Differentials on Surfaces,” Inverse Problems (2014) 30 (6); URL: arXiv:1311.6167v2[math.AP]Google Scholar
- 16.N. S. Bakhvalov, Numerical Methods (Nauka, Moscow, 1975; Mir, Moscow, 1977).Google Scholar