On an optimal control problem for the shape of thin inclusions in elastic bodies
- 52 Downloads
An optimal control problem is considered for a two-dimensional elastic body with a straight thin rigid inclusion and a crack adjacent to it. It is assumed that the thin rigid inclusion delaminates and has a kink. On the crack faces the boundary conditions are specified in the form of equalities and inequalities which describe the mutual nonpenetration of the crack faces. The derivative of the energy functional along the crack length is used as the objective functional, and the position of the kink point, as the control function. The existence is proved of the solution to the optimal control problem.
Keywordscrack thin rigid inclusion nonlinear boundary conditions optimal control derivative of energy functional
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. F. Morozov,Mathematical Questions of Crack Theory (Nauka, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Khludnev and V. A. Kovtunenko, Analysis of Cracks in Solids (WIT Press, Southampton, Boston, 2000).Google Scholar
- 3.A.M. Khludnev, Elasticity Theory Problems in Nonsmooth Domains (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.G. P. Cherepanov, Mechanics of Brittle Fracture (Nauka, Moscow, 1974; McGraw-Hill, New York, 1979).Google Scholar
- 6.E. M. Rudoi, “Differentiation of Energy Functionals in a Problem on Curvilinear Crack With Possible Contact of the Faces,” Mekh. Tverd. Tela No. 6, 113–127 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.N. V. Banichuk, Optimization of Elastic Body Forms (Nauka, Moscow, 1980) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.N. V. Banichuk, Optimization of Structure Components of Composites (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Litvinov, Optimization in Elliptic Boundary Value Problems With Application to Mechanics (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.J. Haslinger and P. Neittaanmäki, Finite Element Approximation for Optimal Shape Design: Theory and Applications (Wiley, New York, 1988; Mir, Moscow, 1992).Google Scholar
- 11.K. A. Lur’e, Optimal Control in Problems of Mathematical Physics (Nauka, Moscow, 1975) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.A. M. Khludnev and J. Sokolowski, Modelling and Control in SolidMechanics (Birkhauser, Basel, 1997).Google Scholar