A rigid inclusion in the contact problem for elastic plates
- 42 Downloads
A family of problems under consideration describes the contact of elastic plates situated at a given angle to each other and, in the natural condition, touching along a line. The plates are subjected only to bending. The limiting process from the elastic inclusion to the rigid one is studied. It is demonstrated that the limit problems precisely describe the contact of an elastic plate with a rigid beam and the problem of the equilibrium of an elastic plate with a rigid inclusion. The solvability of the problems is established; the boundary conditions holding on the possible contact set are found as well as their precise interpretation.
Keywordsthe Kirchhoff-Love model contact problem rigid inclusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. Fichera, Existence Theorems in Elasticity. Handbuch der Physic, Vol. 6a/2 (Springer, Berlin, 1972; Nauka, Moscow, 1974).Google Scholar
- 8.I. Hlavachek, J. Haslinger, J. Nechas, and J. Lovishek, Solution of Variational Inequalities in Mechanics (Alfa, Bratislava, 1982; Springer, New York, 1988; Mir, Moscow, 1986).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Khludnev, The Problem of a Crack on the Boundary of a Rigid Inclusion in an Elastic Plate Preprint No. 1-2009 (Inst. of Hydrodynamics, Novosibirsk, 2009).Google Scholar
- 10.A. M. Khludnev and V. A. Kovtunenko Analysis of Cracks in Solids (WIT-Press, Boston, 2000).Google Scholar
- 14.N. V. Neustroeva, “The Contact Problem for Elastic Bodies of Different Dimensions,” Vestnik Novosibirsk. Gos. Univ. Ser. Mat. Mekh. Inform. 8(4), 60–75 (2008).Google Scholar