Using the landscape map to assess the productivity of geosystems in the southern taiga of Western Siberia
- 46 Downloads
The principle of structural-dynamical landscape science was used in mapping the taiga of the Ob’-Irtysh, Lower Irtysh and Tobol regions. The spatiotemporal dynamics of the regions’ geosystems is outlined, and their productivity is assessed from forest inventory data and NDVI indices as calculated on the basis of Landsat-5 TM images.
Keywordsgeosystem landscape mapping spatial-dynamical modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Venevskii, S.V., Lisetskii, F.N., Berdnikov, S.V., Sorokina, V.V., Chepelev, O.A., Kulygin, V.V., and Solov’ev, V.I., Developing Regional Computer Models for Assessing the Development Scenarios and Optimizing Nature Management in the Steppe and Forest-Steppe Zones of the European Territory of Russia on the Basis of the Global SEVER-DGVM Model, Proc. Int. Sci. Conf. “InterCarto/InterGIS-16: Sustainable Development: GIS Theory and Practical Experience” (July 3–4, 2010, Salzburg; July 6–8, 2010, Rostov-on-Don), Rostov-on-Don: Izd-vo YuNTs-RAN, 2010, pp. 533–536 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Sochava, V.B., An Introduction to the Theory of Geosystems, Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1978 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Nature of the Taiga Irtysh Region, Eds. G.V. Bachurin and E.G. Nechaeva, Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1987 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Kuz’menko, E.I. and Mikheev, V.S., The Ecologo-Geographical and Cartographic Foundations of a Comprehensive Study of Siberia’s Forests, Novosibirsk: Academic Publishing House “Geo”, 2008 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Kuz’menko, E., Forest Geosystems of Siberia (Mapping of the Structure and Successional Dynamics), Saarbrücken: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co., 2012.Google Scholar
- 6.Ise, T. and Sato, H., Representing Subgrid-Scale Edaphic Heterogeneity in a Large-Scale Ecosystem Model: A case Study in the Circumpolar Boreal Regions, Geophys. Res. Lett., 2008, vol. 35, issue 20. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2008GL035701/abstract.
- 7.Smolonogov, E.P., The Ecologo-Geographical Differentiation and Dynamics of Siberian Stone Pine Forests of Ural and the West-Siberian Plain (Ecologo-Silvicultural Foundations of an Optimization of the Economy), Sverdlovsk: UrO AN SSSR, 1990 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Kuz’menko, E.I. and Smolonogov, E.P., Forest Ecosystems of the Middle and Southern Taiga and West-Siberian Plain (Structure and Spatiotemporal Dynamics), Novosibirsk: Izd-vo SO RAN, 2000 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.The Southern Taiga of the Irtysh Region (Experience of Station-Based Research Into Southern-Taiga Topo-geosystems), Eds. G.V. Bachurin and E.G. Nechaeva, Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1975 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Lapshina, E.I., Geobotanical Mapping of the Taiga Zone of Western Siberia, in Geobotanical Mapping (Yearbook), Eds. V.B. Sochava and T.I. Isachenko, Leningrad: Nauka, 1985, pp. 49–60 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.Vegetation Cover of the West-Siberian Plain, Eds. V.V. Vorob’ev and A.V. Belov, Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1985 [in Russian].Google Scholar