The benchmark network for ecological monitoring of the Baikal natural territory
- 34 Downloads
Using an ingenious cartographic method, for the Baikal natural territory we have developed a benchmark network that includes 18 tracts (0.47% of the territory under consideration). Special-purpose ground-based surveys of the selected tracts showed that such a network fully reflects the landscape diversity on the level of geoms, the phytocenotic diversity, and the species diversity of the regional biota.
Keywordscartographic method biological diversity monitoring verification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shamanova, S.I. and Pleshanov, A.S., Cartographic Completion of the Benchmark Network for Biological Monitoring in the Southwestern Part of the Baikal Natural Territory, Response of Plants to Global and Regional Changes in Environment: Book of Abstracts of All-Russian Meeting Dedicated to the 100th Anniversary of the Birth of Academician M.A. Lavrentyev (Irkutsk, September 25–29, 2000), Irkutsk: Izd-vo Sib. in-ta fiziologii i biokhimii rastenii SO RAN, 2000, pp. 105–106 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Shamanova, S.I., Cartographic Accompaniment of Biological Investigations in the Baikal Region, Ecology of Southern Siberia — 2000: Proc. Southern-Siberian Intern. Scient. Conf. of Students and Young Scientists (Abakan, November 1–4, 2000), Krasnoyarsk: Izd-vo Krasnoyarsk. un-ta, 2000, vol. 2, pp. 55–56 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Federal Law “About the Protection of Lake Baikal” No. 94-FZ of May 11, 1999, Ros. gaz., 1999, May 12, no. 90 (2199), p. 4 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Antipov, A.N., Plyusnin, V.M., Bazhenova, O.I., et al., Ecologically Oriented Land Use Planning in the Baikal Region. Baikal Natural Territory, Irkutsk: Izd-vo In-ta geografii SO RAN, 2002 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Pleshanov, A.S., Cartographic Selection of the Benchmark Network for Monitoring the Biota of Large Regions, in Monitoring of Biodiversity, Moscow: Izd-vo In-ta problem ekologii i evolyutsii RAN, 1997 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.Sorokovoi, A.A., Geosystems of the Baikal Natural Territory: An 1: 1 000 000 Map, http://geos.icc.ru.
- 7.Malyshev, L.I., The Area for Identifying the Flora, Ekologiya, 1991, no. 2, pp. 3–13 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Pleshanov, A.S., Kaverzina, A.S. and Shamanova, S.I., Neuropterological testing of the Benchmark Network for Biological Monitoring of the Baikal Natural Territory, Entomological Research in North Asia: Proc. 8th Interregional Meeting of Entomologists of Siberia and the Far East (Novosibirsk, October 4–7, 2010), Novosibirsk: Tovarishchestvo nauchnykh izdanii KMK, 2010, pp. 164–167 [in Russian].Google Scholar