Geoelectric sections of the middle Amur sedimentary basin’s northwestern side based on the data of magnetotelluric sounding
Based on the data of magnetotelluric sounding (MTS) carried out in the Middle Amur sedimentary basin’s northwestern side along three profiles running across the strike of the basin, geoelectric sections down to the 3 and 6 km depths were constructed. Based on the MTS data interpretation with the seismic (seismic reflection method-common depth point), electrical survey (vertical electrical sounding, differential-normalized electrical exploration), and drilling data involved, the complex geological-geophysical sections were constructed. Insight into the structure of the sedimentary cover and basement was obtained, the anomalous zones were distinguished, and the electrical properties of these zones were defined.
Keywordsmagnetotelluric sounding deep structure Middle Amur sedimentary basin Russian Far East
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. N. Berdichevskii and V. I. Dmitriev, Models and Methods of Magnetotellurics (Nauch. mir, Moscow, 2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Varnavskii, Paleogene and Neogene Deposits of the Middle Amur Basin (Nauka, Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Geological Map of the Amur Region and Adjacent Territories. 1: 2500000. Explanatory Notes (St. Petersburg-Blagoveshchensk-Harbin, 1999) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Goncharov, N. S. Frolova, and P. N. Rozhin, “Convective evolution of the transition from the passive to active rifting,” in Continental Rifting, Associated Processes: Proceedings of 2nd All-Russian Symposium with International Participation and Young Scientific School in honor of Academicians N.A. Logachev and E.E. Milanovsky, Irkutsk, Russia, 2013 (IZK SORAN, Irkutsk, 2013), vol. 1, pp. 86–89 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.State Geological Map of Russian Federation. 1: 1000000. Sheet M-53 (Min. Prir. RF. VSEGEI FGU Dal’geofizika, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Kalashnikova, A. P. Lazarev, and V. I. Trondin, “Seismic prospecting MOGT on the territory of the Jewish Autonomous Oblast,” Geofizika, 29–32 (1999). Special Issue to 50th Anniversary of Irkutskgeofizika.Google Scholar
- 8.T. V. Merkulova and Yu. F. Manilov, “Structure of the southwestern Middle Amur basin: evidence from geoelectric and gravity data,” Tikhookean. Geol. 17(4), 116–120 (1998).Google Scholar
- 9.Middle Amur Sedimentary Basin: Geological Structure, Geodynamics, and Fuel-Energetic Resources, Ed. by G.L. Kirillova and I. Khanchuk (DVO RAS, Vladivostok, 2009), Vol. 3 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Structure and Petroleum Potential of the Western Middle Amur Basin (IKARP DVO RAN, Vladivostok, 1999) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.V. P. Utkin, “Shear structural paragenesis and its role in continental rifting of East Asian margin,” Tikhookean. Geol. 42(4), 21–14 (2014).Google Scholar