Pinealon corrects hyperhomocysteinemia-induced disturbances of the diurnal dynamics of hypothalamic norepinephrine content in female rats
- 24 Downloads
The effect of experimental hyperhomocysteinemia on diurnal dynamics of norepinephrine content in the medial preoptic area of the female rat hypothalamus, which is responsible for the synthesis of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), has been studied. We investigated plausible neuroprotective effects of the pineal gland peptide pinealon (Glu-Asp-Arg). It has been found that administration of the substance can correct the deficiencies in the normal diurnal dynamics of norepinephrine content in the studied hypothalamic area that were caused by L-methionine loading. The data we obtained testify to the protective effect of pinealon and to its ability to diminish the unfavorable effect of hyperhomocysteinemia on the female rat reproductive function.
Keywordsreproduction hypothalamus diurnal rhythms norepinephrine melatonin pinealon gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Boldyrev, A.A., Biokhimiya, 2009, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. 725–736.Google Scholar
- 2.Arutyunyan, A.V., Stepanov, M.G., Kerkeshko, G.O., and Ailamazyan, E.K., Akush. Ginekol. (Moscow), 2003, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 77–85.Google Scholar
- 5.Arutjunyan, A., Kozina, L., Khavinson, V., Stvolinskiy, S., Bulygina, Y., and Mashkina, A., Int. J. Clin. and Exp. Med., 2012, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 179–185.Google Scholar
- 6.Khavinson, V.Kh. and Anisimov, V.N., Peptidnye bioregulyatory i starenie (Peptide Bioregulators and Ageing), St. Petersburg: Nauka, 2003.Google Scholar
- 7.Morozov, V.G. and Khavinson, V.Kh., Peptidnye bioregulyatory (25-letnii opyt eksperimental’nogo i klinicheskogo izucheniya) (Peptide Bioregulators (25 Years of Experimental and Clinical Study)), St. Petersburg: Nauka, 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.Khavinson, V.Kh. and Morozov, V.G., Peptidy epifiza i timusa v regulyatsii stareniya (Epiphysis and Thymic Peptides in Regulation of Senescence), St. Petersburg: Foliant, 2001.Google Scholar
- 10.Kozina, L.S., Stvolinskii, S.L., Fedorova, T.N., Arutyunov, V.A., Bulygina, E.R., Arzumanyan, E.S., Arutyunyan, A.V., and Khavinson, V.Kh., Vopr. Biol., Med. Farm. Khim., 2008, no. 6, pp. 31–36.Google Scholar
- 11.Kozina, L.S., Usp. Gerontol., 2008, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 61–67.Google Scholar