Polymer composite materials: Technologies and applications
The physicomechanical properties of polymer composites based on aramide fibers that are obtained by the wet-spinning technique with the use of epoxy binders are discussed. The chemical structures of reinforcing fibers and components of epoxy binders; the microstructures, surface structures, and some properties of aramide fibers; and the processes of manufacturing high-strength reinforced composites on their basis are described. Some product samples made of these composites are presented. The investigated reinforcing materials possess high tensile strengths and tensile moduli, which make it possible to obtain products with a high level of operational characteristics on their basis.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.K. E. Perepelkin, Reinforcing Fibers and Fibrous Polymer Composites (Nauch. osnovy i tekhnol., St. Petersburg, 2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.G. I. Kudryavtsev, V. Ya. Varshavskii, A. M. Shchetinin, and M. E. Kazakov, Reinforcing Chemical Fibers for Composite Materials (Khimiya, Moscow, 1992) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Handbook of Technical Textiles, Ed. by A. R. Horrocks and S. C. Anand (Woodhead Publ. Ltd., Cambridge, 2005).Google Scholar
- 7.N. V. Pimenov, Yu. V. Antipov, A. A. Kul’kov, and L. F. Kirkina, Vopr. Oboronnoi Tekh., Ser. 15, No. 3 (132)–4 (133), 59 (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.RF Patent No. 2017866 (1992).Google Scholar