Study of the thermal-oxidative stability of polybenzoheterocyclic binder
The results of investigating highly thermostable polymer matrices with softening temperatures of 400–450°C are reported. Binders based on a tetranitrile of an aromatic tetracarboxylic acid and bis(o-cyanoamine) are used as polymer matrices. Traditional antioxidants, such as aromatic amines, phenols, and alkyl aryl phosphites, cannot be applied as thermostabilizers. Detailed tests of an efficient stabilizer carborane-containing dinitrile were also unsuccessful because the initial period of retardation in the thermal-oxidative degradation is followed by irreversible changes in the polymer at 350–400°C. Only a new thermostabilizing system based on carborane-containing aromatic compounds with a set of conjugated bonds demonstrates a positive effect. It is established that the developed thermostabilizing system retards the thermal-oxidative degradation and makes it possible to obtain the polymer matrix with a thermal stability of 350–400°C.
KeywordsPolymer Science Series Polymer Matrice Cyanoethyl Initial Binder Zirconium Diboride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Svetlichnyi, V. M. and Kudryavtsev, V. V., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. B, 2003, vol. 45 no. 6, p. 984.Google Scholar
- 2.Rafikov, S. R. et al., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A, 1969, vol. 11, p. 2043.Google Scholar
- 3.Byuller, K. U., Teplo-i termostoikie polimery (Heat-Resistant and Thermostable Polymers), Ed. by Vygodski, Ya.S., Moscow: Khimiya, 1984, p. 31 (Russian translation from German).Google Scholar
- 4.Gladysheva, G. P., Ershov, Yu. A., and Shustova, O. A., Stabilizatsiya termostoikikh polimerov (Stabilization of Thermostable Polymers), Moscow: Khimiya, 1979.Google Scholar
- 5.Korshak, V. V., Termostoikie polimery (Thermostable Polymers,) Moscow: Nauka, 1969.Google Scholar
- 6.Frezer, A. G., Vysokotermostoikie polimery (Heat-Resistant Polymers), Moscow: Khimiya, 1971.Google Scholar
- 7.Askadskii, A. A., Struktura i svoistva teplostoikikh polimerov (Structure and Properties of Heat-Resistant Polymers), Moscow: Khimiya, 1981.Google Scholar
- 8.Kovarskaya, B. M., Blyumenfel’d, A. B., and Levantovskaya, I. I., Termicheskaya stabil’nost’ geterotsepnykh polimerov (Thermal Stability of Heterochain Polymers), Moscow: Khimiya, 1977.Google Scholar