Turbulent flow field analysis of a jet in cross flow by DNS
- 100 Downloads
The turbulent flow field induced by a round jet in crossflow is calculated by parallel direct numerical simulation (DNS) on multi-GPU clusters. The DNS is based on the lattice- Boltzmannmethod.With currentGPUsettings, a grid systemof 1.5×108 is adopted and the largest jet Reynolds number reaches 3000. The jet is orthogonal to the mainstream flow direction. The validated code produces good agreements with theory and experiment. Steady and unsteady vortical structures are presented based on velocity fields and vorticity distributions. Profiles of Reynolds stress components are also displayed and analyzed. Hair-pin coherent structures are presented based on second invariant of velocity gradient. Transport of turbulent kinetic energy is represented by budget terms in x-, y- and z-direction planes and along the leading and trailing edges of jet trajectory.
KeywordsTurbulent Kinetic Energy Large Eddy Simulation Direct Numerical Simulation Lattice Boltzmann Method Cross Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Eberly, M.A. and Thole, K.A., Time-Resolved Film-Cooling Flows at High and Low Density Ratios, Proc. ASME Turbo Expo 2013, San Antonio, Texas, USA, June 3–7, 2013, GT2013-95031.Google Scholar
- 3.He, Y.L., Wang, Y., and Li, Q., Lattice Boltzmann Method: Theory and Applications, Beijing: Science Press, 2009.Google Scholar
- 4.NVIDIA CUDA Compute Unified Device Architecture Programming Guide Version 2.0, n VIDIA, 2008.Google Scholar
- 5.Ogawa, S. and Aoki, T., GPU Computing for 2-Dimensional Incompressible Flow Simulation Based on Multi-Grid Method, T. JSCES, 2009, 20090021.Google Scholar
- 8.Shimokawabe, T., Aoki, T., Ishida, J., Kawano, K., and Muroi, C., 145 TFlops Performance on 3990 GPUs of TSUBAME 2.0 Supercomputer for an Operational Weather Prediction, Proc. 11th Int. Conf. on Comput. Sci. (ICCS’ 11), vol. 4, Singapore, 2011, pp. 1535–1544.Google Scholar
- 12.Xu, D., Chen G., Wang, X., and Li, Y., Direct Numerical Simulation of the Wall-Bounded Turbulent Flow by Lattice Boltzmann Method Based on Multi-GPUs, Appl. Math. Mech. (China), 2013, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 1–9.Google Scholar
- 14.Meyer, K.E., Özcan, O., Larsen, P.S., and Westergaard, C.H., Stereoscopic PIV Measurements in a Jet in Crossflow. Proc. 2nd Int. Symp. on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena, Stockholm, Sweden, 2001.Google Scholar
- 16.Lei, J., Wang, X., and Xie, G.N., High-Performance Computation of a Jet in Cross Flow by Lattice Boltzmann Based Parallel Direct Numerical Simulation, to appear in Math. Problems Eng., 2014.Google Scholar