The influence of different factors on the shape of pressure pulse at the liquid-vapor contact
- 45 Downloads
The process of formation and propagation of the depression wave at spontaneous contact of cold liquid and saturated vapor is investigated in a gas dynamics approach. Modeling of wave processes was performed using Godunov’s method based on solving the Riemann problem on arbitrary discontinuity decomposition. The influence of various factors, namely, the kinetics of condensation and intensification of heat-transfer processes, on the pressure pulse form is investigated. Results of the investigation are in good agreement with results of modeling based on numerical solving the Boltzmann kinetic equation.
KeywordsBoltzmann Equation Riemann Problem Engineer THERMOPHYSICS Heat Transfer Condensation Boltzmann Kinetic Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lezhnin, S.I., Pribaturin, N.A., and Sorokin, A.L., Modeling the Temperature and Pressure Evolution at Spontaneous Contact of Cold Water and Saturated Vapor, Trudy 27-go Sibirskogo teplofizicheskogo seminara (Proc. 27th Siberian Thermophysics Seminar), 2005, article no. 074, CD.Google Scholar
- 2.Lezhnin, S.I. and Pribaturin, N.A., Asymptotic Dynamic Models in Phase Transitions, Trudy 3-ei mezhdunarodnoi nauchnoi konferentsii “Khaos i struktury v nelineinykh sistemakh. Teoriya i eksperiment” (Proc. 3d Int. Conf. on Chaos and Structure in Nonlinear Systems. Theory and Experiment), vol. 2, Kazakhstan, 2006.Google Scholar
- 3.Nigmatulin, R.I., Osnovy mekhaniki geterogennykh sred (Principles of Mechanics of Heterogeneous Media), Moscow: Nauka, 1978.Google Scholar
- 4.Labuntsov, D.A., Nonequilibrium Effects in Evaporation and Condensation, in Teploi massoperenos pri intensivnom luchistom i konvektivnom nagreve (Heat and Mass Transfer under Intensive Radiant and Convective Heating), Minsk: Lykov ITMO, 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.Koffman, L.D. and Plesset, M.S., Less Lester. Theory of Evaporation and Condensation, Phys. Fluids, 1984, no. 27(4).Google Scholar
- 7.Yastrebov, A.K., On Using Nonequilibrium Boundary Conditions for Investigation of Condensation at Spontaneous Contact of Cold Liquid with Saturated Vapor, Izv. RAN, Energetika, 2010, no. 6, pp. 21–29.Google Scholar
- 8.Kogan, M.N., Dinamika razrezhennogo gaza (Dynamics of Low-Pressure Gas), Moscow: Nauka, 1967.Google Scholar
- 9.Lezhnin, S.I. and Sorokin, L.A., Modeling of Pressure Pulse Evolution at the Contact of Cold Liquid with Saturated Vapor, Thermophys. Aeromech., 2010, vol. 17, no. 3.Google Scholar
- 10.Boris, J.P., Landsberg, A.M., Oran, E.S., and Gardner, J.H., LCPFCT Flux-Corrected Transport Algorithm for Solving Generalized Continuity Equations, Naval Research Lab.Mem. 6410-93-7192, April, 1993.Google Scholar