Numerical analysis of convective heat transfer in a closed two-phase thermosyphon
- 136 Downloads
Mathematical modeling of the processes of heat transfer and hydrodynamics in a closed two-phase thermosyphon is carried out in a wide range of key parameters. The mathematical model is based on the laws of conservation of mass, momentum, and energy in dimensionless variables of stream function-vorticity vector-temperature. The influence of the Rayleigh number and the dimensionless time on the local and integral thermal hydrodynamic characteristics is estimated.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Heat Exchanger Rayleigh Number Heat Mass Transfer Average Nusselt Number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Streltsov, A.I., Theoretical and Experimental Investigation ofOptimal Filling for Heat Pipes, Heat Transfer-Soviet Res., 1975, vol. 7, pp. 23–27.Google Scholar
- 5.Reed, G., Analytical Modeling of Two Phases Closed Thermosyphon, Ph.D. Thesis, Univ. of Berkeley, CA, 1985.Google Scholar
- 7.Sen, M., Ramos, E., and Trevino, C., The Toroidal Thermosyphon with Known Heat Flux, Int. J. HeatMass Transfer, 1985, vol. 28, pp. 1219–1233.Google Scholar
- 12.Rouch, P., Vychislitelnaya gidrodinamika (Computational Hydrodynamics), Moscow: Mir, 1980.Google Scholar
- 13.Semenov, P., Fluid Flow in Thin Layers, Zh. Tekhn. Fiz., 1944, vol. 14.Google Scholar
- 14.Samarskii, A.A., Teoriya raznostnykh skhem (Theory of Difference Schemes), Moscow: Nauka, 1977Google Scholar