Numerical and experimental investigations of the effect of repeated cyclic thermal loads on the strength of materials of recoverable liquid-propellant rocket engines
- 33 Downloads
Elements of the liquid-propellant rocket engines (LPREs) are subject to the action of intense mechanical and thermal loads, which are temporally related to the start-up, normal regime, and switch-off periods of the working cycle. Recoverable LPREs experience these loads many times. Repeated (cyclic) loads lead to the manifestation of processes typical of fatigue, whereby residual stresses and (plastic) deformations are retained and accumulated in the LPRE materials. Numerical investigations using models of the nonstationary thermal and stressed-strained state and the plastic behavior of materials have been performed in order to determine the limiting numbers of loading cycles for the structural materials employed in various units of LPREs. A special computational-experimental procedure is described, which allows these materials to be studied in a stressed-strained state close to that in real LPREs.
KeywordsHeat Exchange Nickel Alloy Model Unit Engineer THERMOPHYSICS Engineering THERMOPHYSICS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kutateladze, S.S. and Borshanskii, V.M., Spravochnik po teploperedache (A Reference Book on Heat Exchange), GEI: Moscow, 1959.Google Scholar
- 2.Trusov, B.G., Modelirovanie khimicheskikh i fazovykh ravnovesii pri vysokikh temperaturakh (Astra-4/pc) (Modeling Chemical and Phase Equilibria at High Temperatures with Astra-4/PC), MVTU im. Baumana, Moscow, 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.Petukhov, B.S. and Roizen, L.I., Teplofiz. Vysok. Temp., 1974, vol. 12, no. 3.Google Scholar
- 4.Bubnov, V.I., Kompleks programm podgotovki iskhodnykh dannykh i rascheta NDS osesimmetrichnykh i ploskikh konstruktsii metodom konechnykh elementov: Opisanie program (Program Package for Initial Data Preparation and Stress-Strained State Calculation for Axisymmetric and Planar Structures by the Finite Element Method), OFAP No. 1191 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.Makhutov, N.A., Deformatsionnye kriterii razrusheniya i raschet elementov konstruktsii na prochnost’ (Deformation Criteria of Fracture and Calculation of the Strength of Structural Elements), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1981.Google Scholar