The dynamics of an articulated n-trailer vehicle
- 89 Downloads
We derive the reduced equations of motion for an articulated n-trailer vehicle that moves under its own inertia on the plane. We show that the energy level surfaces in the reduced space are (n + 1)-tori and we classify the equilibria within them, determining their stability. A thorough description of the dynamics is given in the case n = 1.
Keywordsdynamics nonholonomic constraints n-trailer vehicle
MSC2010 numbers37J60 70F25 70G45 58A30
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Borisov, A. V., Lutsenko, S. G., and Mamaev, I. S., Dynamics of a Wheeled Carriage on a Plane, Vestn. Udmurtsk. Univ. Mat. Mekh. Komp. Nauki, 2010, no. 4, pp. 39–48 (Russian).Google Scholar
- 11.Landau, L. D. and Lifshitz, E. M., Course of Theoretical Physics: Vol. 1. Mechanics, 3rd ed., Oxford: Pergamon, 1976.Google Scholar
- 13.Robot Motion Planning and Control, J.P. Laumond (Ed.), Lect. Notes Control Inform. Sci., vol. 229, New York: Springer, 1998.Google Scholar
- 16.Neimark, Ju. I. and Fufaev, N.A., Dynamics of Nonholonomic Systems, Trans. Math. Monogr., vol. 33, Providence,RI: AMS, 1972.Google Scholar
- 17.Osborne, J.M. and Zenkov, D.V., Steering the Chaplygin Sleigh by a Moving Mass, in Proc. on the 44th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, 2005 and 2005 European Control Conf. (CDC-ECC’05), pp. 1114–1118.Google Scholar