Effects of Various Amounts of New Hepta-Ether as the Internal Donor on the Polymerization of Propylene with and without the External Donor
The new hepta-ether compound as the internal donor was synthesized using the Williamson reaction of dipentaerythritol with sodium hydride as the strong base and iodomethane as the alkyl halide. The hepta-ether compound was characterized by NMR, FTIR, and GC techniques. The MgCl2-supported catalysts incorporated with different amounts of hepta-ether compound as the internal donor and without the internal donor were synthesized and characterized. The propylene polymerization was carried out using these catalysts in the presence of triethylaluminum as a co-catalyst and hydrogen as a chain transfer agent, with and without the external donor. The effect of a new internal donor on propylene polymerization using prepared MgCl2-supported Ziegler-Natta catalysts was investigated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 16.P. Li, S. Tu, T. Xu, Z. Fu, and Z. Fan, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 132, 41689 (2015).Google Scholar
- 28.P. C. Barb, G. Cecchin, and L. Noristi, Adv. Polym. Sci. 81, 1 (1987).Google Scholar
- 29.R. Zahedi, F. Afshar Taromi, S. H. Mirjahanmardi, M. Nekoomanesh Haghighi, K. Jadidi, and R. Jamjah, Adv. Polym. Technol. (2015) (in press). doi 10.1002/adv.21651Google Scholar
- 34.H. Hamaki, W. Hirahata, Y. Fujiwara, S. Kimata, H. Hama, and K. Ikeda, US Patent No. 2013/0109789A1 (2013).Google Scholar
- 35.R. Zahedi, F. Afshar-Taromi, S. H. Mirjahanmardi, M. Nekoomanesh-Haghighi, Kh. Jadidi, and R. Jamjah, Chin. J. Polym. Sci. 34 (3), 268.Google Scholar