Cationic polymerization of 3-azidomethyl-3-methyloxetane in the presence of the boron fluoride etherate—ethylene glycol system
- 46 Downloads
The kinetics of oligomerization of 3-azidomethyl-3-methyloxetane in the presence of the boron fluoride etherate—ethylene glycol initiating system is studied by gel-permeation chromatography and IR spectroscopy methods. It is found that the molecular-mass distribution of the resulting oligooxetanediol depends on the concentration of ethylene glycol, while its molecular mass remains practically unchanged throughout the reaction. In other words, ethylene glycol serves as a chain-transfer agent. The relative chaintransfer constant is 0.5. The schemes of polymerization reactions are proposed.
KeywordsEthylene Glycol Polymer Science Series Chain Transfer Molecular Mass Distribution Chain Transfer Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. H. Plesh, The Chemistry of Cationic Polymerization (Pergamon, New York, 1963; Mir, Moscow, 1966).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. M. Mikhailov and E. R. Badamshina, Energy-Saturated Polymers: Synthesis, Structure, Properties (Gos-NIP, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.A. Weissberger, E. Proskauer, J. Riddick, and E. Toops, Organic Solvents. Physical Properties and Methods of Purification (Wiley, New York, 1955; Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow, 1958).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Keil, Laboratorni technika organické chemie (Nakladatelstvi Ceskoslovenské Academie véd, Praha, 1963; Mir, Moscow, 1966).Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Kuzaev, in Heterophase Network Polymers Synthesis, Characterization and Properties (Taylor and Francis, London, 2002), p. 27.Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Kuzaev, Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A 22, 1146 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.S. G. Entelis, V. V. Evreinov, and A. I. Kuzaev, Reactive Oligomers (Khimiya, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar