Polymerization of methyl methacrylate and vinyl acetate initiated by the manganese carbonyl-1,2-epoxy-4,4,4-trichlorobutane system
Polymers containing epoxy groups at the ends of macromolecules and in side radicals are prepared through polymerization of methyl methacrylate and vinyl acetate in the presence of the manganese carbonyl-1,2-epoxy-4,4,4-trichlorobutane system. The presence of reinitiation is revealed; it leads to an appreciable increase in the molecular masses of poly(methyl methacrylate) and poly(vinyl acetate) as compared to polymers synthesized in the presence of 2,2′-azo-bis(isobutyronitrile) and 1,2-epoxy-4,4,4-trichlorobutane.
KeywordsPMMA Polymer Science Series Chlorine Atom Methyl Methacrylate AIBN
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. H. Bamford, Reactivity, Mechanism and Structure in Polymer Chemistry, Ed. by A. D. Jenkins and A. Zedwith (Wiley, New York, 1976).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Kireev, B. M. Prudskov, V. A. Polyakov, S. A. Berezkina, S. N. Filatov, and Behzad Shirkavand Hadavand, Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A 46, 1989 (2004) [Polymer Science, Ser. A 46, 1307 (2004)].Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Kireev, B. M. Prudskov, and M. Yu. Komarova, Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A 40, 728 (1998) [Polymer Science, Ser. A 40, 394 (1998)].Google Scholar
- 4.Encyclopedia of Polymers, Ed. by V. A. Kargin (Sovetskaya Entsiklopediya, Moscow, 1972), Vol. 1, p. 387 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Rabinovich and Z. Ya. Khavin, Abridged Chemical Dictionary (Khimiya, Leningrad, 1977) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. Weissberger, E. Proskauer, J. Riddick, and E. Toops, Organic Solvents. Physical Properties and Methods of Purification (Wiley, New York, 1955; Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow, 1958).Google Scholar
- 7.S. R. Rafikov, S. A. Pavlova, and I. I. Tverdokhlebova, Methods for Determination of Molecular Weights and Polydispersity of Polymers (Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow, 1963) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.M. F. Sorokin and K. A. Lyalyushko, Laboratory Manual on Chemistry and Technology of Film-Forming Substances (Khimiya, Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Kireev, High Polymers (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1992) [in Russian].Google Scholar