Preparation of branched cis-1,4-polybutadiene in the presence of a neodymium catalyst
- 102 Downloads
It was shown that branches can be incorporated into linear chains of cis-1,4-polybutadiene produced in the presence of neodymium catalysts. Branched polymers were prepared through the copolymerization of butadiene and a low-molecular-mass polybutadiene macromonomer containing a system of conjugated C=C bonds at chain ends. The incorporation of macromonomer units into the polymer chain was confirmed by the IR spectroscopic analysis of macromonomer-perdeuterobutadiene copolymers.
KeywordsCopolymerization Polymer Science Series Butadiene Maleic Anhydride Methyl Ethyl Ketone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. B. Monakov and G. A. Tolstikov, Catalytic Polymerization of 1,3-Dienes (Nauka, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.B. S. Turov, Doctoral Dissertation in Chemistry (Moscow, 1982).Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Gulyaeva, I. F. Polikarpova, and E. K. Remiz, Analysis of Products of Butadiene Synthesis from Alcohol by the Lebedev Method (Goskhimizdat, Moscow, 1950) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.E. I. Tinyakova, B. A. Dolgoplosk, T. K. Vydrina, and A. V. Alferov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 152, 1376 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Dechant, R. Danz, W. Kimmer, and R. Schmolke, Ultrarotspektroskopische Untersuchungen an Polymeren (Akademie, Berlin, 1972), p. 516.Google Scholar