Monitoring of multiphase flows for superconducting accelerators and others applications
- 23 Downloads
This paper is a review on implementation of measuring systems for two-phase helium, hydrogen, liquefied natural gas (LNG), and oil-formation/salty water flows. Two types of such systems are presented. The first type is based on two-phase flow-meters combining void fraction radio-frequency (RF) sensors and narrowing devices. They can be applied for superconducting accelerators cooled with two-phase helium, refueling hydrogen system for space ships and some applications in oil production industry. The second one is based on combination of a gamma-densitometer and a narrowing device. These systems can be used to monitor large two-phase LNG and oil-formation water flows. An electronics system based on a modular industrial computer is described as well. The metrological characteristics for different flow-meters are presented and the obtained results are discussed. It is also shown that the experience gained allows separationless flow-meter for three-phase oil-gas-formation water flows to be produced.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Hinkelmann, FAIR-Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research. http://www.faircenter.de/fileadmin/fair/publications_FAIR/FAIR_Brochure_EN_2010.pdf.Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Trubnikov et al., “Project of the Nuclotron-based Ion Collider fAcility (NICA) at JINR,” in Proceedings of the European Particle Accelerator Conference-11, Genoa, 2008, pp. 2581–2583.Google Scholar
- 8.Y. P. Filippov and V. M. Miklayev, “Choice of temperature sensors for XFEL-project,” in Proceedings of the 23rd International Cryogenic Engineering Conference ICEC’23, Wroclaw, 2010, pp. 537–542.Google Scholar
- 10.Y. P. Filippov, S. V. Romanov, K. S. Panferov, and B. N. Sveshnikov, “Modular data acquisition system for cryogenics,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Cryogenic Engineering Conference ICEC’22, Seoul, 2008, pp. 419–424.Google Scholar
- 11.Y. P. Filippov, “Cryodiagnostics of SC-accelerators with fast cycling superferric magnets,” in Proceedings of the 25th International Cryogenic Engineering Conference ICEC’25, Enschede, 2015, pp. 1129–1133.Google Scholar
- 15.J. H. Hubbell and S. M. Seltzer, Tables of X-Ray Mass Attenuation Coefficients and Mass Energy-Absorption Coefficients from 1 keV to 20 MeV for Elements Z = 1 to 92 and 48 Additional Substances of Dosimetric Interest. http://www.nist.gov/pml/data/xraycoef/index.cfm.Google Scholar
- 18.I. D. Kakorin and Y. P. Filippov, “Two-phase flowmeter based on a constriction device and gamma densitometer for mixtures of oil and stratum water,” Meas. Tech. 11, 33–38 (2013).Google Scholar