JINR cloud infrastructure evolution
- 21 Downloads
To fulfil JINR commitments in different national and international projects related to the use of modern information technologies such as cloud and grid computing as well as to provide a modern tool for JINR users for their scientific research a cloud infrastructure was deployed at Laboratory of Information Technologies of Joint Institute for Nuclear Research. OpenNebula software was chosen as a cloud platform. Initially it was set up in simple configuration with single front-end host and a few cloud nodes. Some custom development was done to tune JINR cloud installation to fit local needs: web form in the cloud web-interface for resources request, a menu item with cloud utilization statistics, user authentication via Kerberos, custom driver for OpenVZ containers. Because of high demand in that cloud service and its resources over-utilization it was re-designed to cover increasing users’ needs in capacity, availability and reliability. Recently a new cloud instance has been deployed in high-availability configuration with distributed network file system and additional computing power.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Baranov, N. A. Balashov, N. A. Kutovskiy, and R. N. Semenov, “Cloud infrastructure at JINR,” Comput. Res. Model. 4, 463–467 (2015).Google Scholar
- 2.KVM. http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Main_Page.Google Scholar
- 3.Red Hat Cluster Suite. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_cluster_suite.Google Scholar
- 4.rOCCI: https://github.com/EGI-FCTF/rOCCI-server.Google Scholar
- 5.OpenVZ. http://openvz.org.Google Scholar
- 6.Distributed Replication Block (DRDB). http://drbd.org.Google Scholar
- 7.Heartbeat. http://linux-ha.org/wiki/Heartbeat.Google Scholar
- 8.LizardFS. http://lizardfs.com.Google Scholar
- 9.Nagios. www.nagios.org.Google Scholar
- 10.https://miccom.jinr.ru/en/jinr-resources/jinr-cloudservice/#Cloud_service_utilization.Google Scholar
- 11.https://miccom.jinr.ru/en/jinr-resources/jinr-cloudservice/#Training.Google Scholar