System for formation of magnetic field to scan a charged particle beam along an arbitrary trajectory on a target
- 12 Downloads
A new scanning system is considered. The system is developed at JINR and has a number of characteristic features. The windings of the bending magnets with a large number of ampere-turns operate at relatively low frequencies (≤20 Hz) to maintain the reactive power within reasonable limits. The winding power supplies use feedback systems to shape currents of the given waveform and amplitude. The main structural features and parameters of the prototype magnet and the results of developing and testing the electronic circuit for supplying the magnet with a current of the given waveform are presented. Density distributions of various ions on the target are calculated for one of the U400-M cyclotron beam lines using the parameters of the new scanners.
KeywordsNucleus Letter Beam Line Pulse Width Modulation Inductive Load Linear Scanner
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. N. Gikal, E. V. Gorbachev, N. Yu. Kazarinov, V. I. Kazacha, G. S. Kazacha, N. I. Lebedev, A. A. Makarov, V. A. Mel’nikov, S. V. Rabtsun, S. V. Stepantsov, and A. A. Fateev, “Analyses of methods for obtaining of a uniform particle distribution on a target when it is irradiated with a krypton ion beam extracted from the implantator IC-100,” JINR Commun. P9-2002-240 (Dubna, 2002).Google Scholar
- 2.B. N. Gikal, E. V. Gorbachev, N. Yu. Kazarinov, V. I. Kazacha, G. S. Kazacha, N. I. Lebedev, A. A. Makarov, V. A. Mel’nikov, V. I. Mironov, S. V. Rabtsun, and A. A. Fateev, “Raster system for heavy ion beam,” Phys. Part. Nucl. Lett. 2, 187–189 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.B. N. Gikal, S. N. Dmitriev, G. G. Gulbekyan, P.Yu.Appel, S. L. Bogomolov, O. N. Borisov, V. A. Buzmakov, V. A. Veryovochkin, A. A. Efremov, I. A. Ivanenko, G. N. Ivanov, N. Yu. Kazarinov, V. I. Kazacha, I. V. Kalagin, I. V. Kolesov, et al., “Development, creation and start up of DC-110 heavy ion cyclotron complex for industrial production of track membranes,” Phys. Part. Nucl. Lett. 11, 233–253 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Fateev, E. Gorbachev, G. Gulbekyan, I. Kalagin, N. Kazarinov, V. Kazacha, and E. Muravyova, “Ion scanning system in beam line U400-M cyclotron for electronic compound testing,” in Proceedings of Russian Accelerator Conference RUPAC-2010, Protvino, Russia, 2010, pp. 387–389.Google Scholar
- 5.B. N. Gikal, G. G. Gulbekyan, V. V. Bekhterev, A. N. Borisenko, N. Yu. Kazarinov, V. I. Kazacha, I. V. Kalagin, I. V. Kolesov, N. I. Lebedev, S. N. Lysukhin, V. N. Mel’nikov, and A. A. Fateev, “Beam line for applied investigations of low energy ion beams of cyclotron DC-60,” JINR Commun. No. P92006-38 (Dubna, 2006).Google Scholar