Spectrum and density of neutron flux in the irradiation beam line no. 3 of the IBR-2 reactor
- 25 Downloads
Methodology and results of measuring the differential density of the neutron flux in irradiation beam line no. 3 of the IBR-2 reactor using neutron activation analysis (NAA) are presented in the paper. The results are compared to the calculation performed on the basis of the 3D MCNP model. The data that are obtained are required to determine the integrated radiation dose of the studied samples at various distances from the reactor.
KeywordsNeutron Activation Analysis Neutron Flux Neutron Energy Nucleus Letter Water Moderator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nuclear Physics in the Internet, Activation Analysis. http://nuclphys.sinp.msu.ru/nuc_techn/active_analy.htm
- 2.X-5 Monte Carlo Team, “MCNP—A General Monte Carlo Transport Code, Version 5,” Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LA-UR-03-1987, Los Alamos National Laboratory (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.TENDL-2013: TALYS-Based Evaluated Nuclear Data Library. ftp://ftp.nrg.eu/pub/www/talys/tendl2013/tendl2013.html
- 4.“ENDF/B-VII.1 Nuclear Data for Science and Technology: Cross Sections, Covariances, Fission Product Yields and Decay Data,” Nucl. Data Sheets 112(12), 2887–2996 (2011); Unclassified Report LA-UR 11-05121, Los Alamos National Laboratory.Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Golikov, E. N. Kulagin, and E. P. Shabalin, “Dose Rates near the Water Moderator of the IBR-2 Reactor: Experiment and Analysis,” Preprint No. E16-2002-79, OIYaI (Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna, 2002).Google Scholar