Damping of coherent betatron oscillations of a charged particle beam in synchrotrons with a feedback system
- 19 Downloads
Decisions of a delay differential equation which describes the dynamics of a charged particle beam in the smoothed approach in synchrotrons with a feedback system are analyzed. Features of the decisions for frequency shifts and decrements of coherent betatron oscillation damping caused by a signal delay in the feedback loop are revealed.
KeywordsFeedback System Nucleus Letter Delay Differential Equation Optimal Arrangement Charged Particle Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Zhabitsky, “Beam dynamics in synchrotrons with feedback systems,” Pis’ma v Zhurnal “Fizika Elementarnykh Chastits i Atomnogo Yadra” 10(6), 947–957 (2013).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Lebedev and A. V. Shal’nov, Fundamentals of Accelerator Physics and Engineering (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.G. Korn and T. Korn, Handbook on Mathematics for Researchers and Engineers (Nauka, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.L. E. El’sgol’ts and S. B. Norkin, Introduction in the Theory of Delay Differential Equations (Nauka, Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.O. N. Chizhova, Methods for the Study of Delay Differential Equations (St.-Petersburg State University, St.-Petersburg, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Zhabitsky, “Transient beam response in synchrotrons with a digital transverse feedback system,” Pis’ma v Zhurnal “Fizika Elementarnykh Chastits i Atomnogo Yadra”, 10(1), 120–129 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Höfle, L. Arnaudon, A. Butterworth, E. Ciapala, G. Cipolla, F. Dubouchet, D. Glenat, G. Hagmann, M. Jaussi, F. Killing, G. Kotzian, R. Louwerse, J. Molendijk, E. Montesinos, J. Noirjean, A. Pashnin, M. Schokker, and D. Valuch, “LHC transverse damper observations versus expectations,” in Proc. of the LHC Beam Operation Workshop, 7–9 December 2010, Evian, France (CERN-ATS-2011-017, 2011), p. 107–114.Google Scholar