Accumulation of spatial charge in the time projection chamber of a multipurpose detector
- 38 Downloads
This article presents the results of a numerical simulation of the process of spatial positive charge accumulation in the Time Projection Chamber (TPC) of the multipurpose detector (MPD) at Nuclotron-based Ion Collider fAcility (NICA) at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (JINR). Based on the spatial distribution of the charges, the problem of calculating the potential of the electrostatic field created by these charges has been solved. The radial, angular, and axial distortions in the electron motions from the point of ionization to the readout planes are calculated.
KeywordsNucleus Letter Time Projection Chamber Radial Distortion Spatial Charge Space Positive Charge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Accelerator-Accumulating Complex NICA. Technical Project, Ed. by I. N. Meshkova and J. A. Sidorina (Dubna, 2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Accelerator-Accumulating Complex NICA is a Basis for Fundamental Research and Innovative Developments, Ed. by V. D. Kekelidze (Dubna, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.“ALICE Technical Design Report on the Time Projection Chamber,” CERN / LHC 2000-001, ALICE TDR 7, 208 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Rossegger, “Simulation and Calibration of the ALICE TPC Including Innovative Space Charge Calculations,” CERN-THESIS 145 (2009).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Palestini and K. McDonald, “Space Charge in Ionization Detectors,” LARTPC-doc 528 6 (2010).Google Scholar