On some new effect of laser ray propagation in atmospherik air
- 20 Downloads
The laser beam space uncertainty σ was measured during ray propagation in atmospheric air (a) and in atmospheric air inside the tube (t) with both ends closed by optically transparent windows. For the studied case of the 70 m passed distance, the sigma values were discovered to differ greatly: σ a /σ t ≈ 100 x . The observed effect may represent a physical basis for the creation of an extended laser ray to be used as a coordinate axis in the high-precision metrology when assembling a big-length research equipment (accelerators, detectors, etc.) or in civil engineering tasks.
KeywordsLaser Beam Nucleus Letter Laser Beam Propagation Laser Beam Axis Wide Band Noise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.S.R. Murty, “Laser Beam Propagation in Atmospheric Turbulence,” Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci. C2(Pt 2), 179–195 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.Wei Hongyan and Wu Zhensen, “Study on the Wander for Laser Beam Propagation in the Slant Atmospheric Turbulence,” in Proc. of the 7th Intern. Symp. on Antennas Propagation & EM Theory ISAPE 06, Guilin, China, Oct. 26–29, 2006, pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 4.L.C. Andrews and R.L. Phillips, Laser Beam Propagation through Random Media, 2nd ed., SPIE Press Monograph, London, 2005, vol. PM152.Google Scholar
- 5.H. Weichel, Laser Beam Propagation in the Atmosphere (SPIE Opt. Eng. Press, Washington, Bellingham, 1990).Google Scholar
- 6.V. Batusov et al., “A Study of an Air Media Influence on the Rectilinearity of Laser Ray Proliferation towards the Using for Large Distances and High-Precision Metrology,” Part. Nucl. Lett. 4, 155–156 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.V. Batusov et al., “The Observation of Particular Features of a Laser Ray Propagation in Air Media with Standing Acoustic Waves,” JINR Preprint P13-2009-45 (Dubna, 2009).Google Scholar