Hollow beam formation in the intense multi-component heavy ion beam caused by beam self-field
- 33 Downloads
The simulation of the hollow beam formation in the intense multi-component ion beam from ECR source is fulfilled. The influence of the helium and hydrogen beam current on the argon and calcium ions dynamics has been studied.
KeywordsNucleus Letter Beam Line Analyze Magnet Zmax Beam Emittance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Yu. Kazarinov, “Non-Linear Distortion of Multi-Component Heavy Ion Beam Emittance Caused by Space Charge Fields,” in Proc. of the 14th Intern. Conf. on Ion Sources, Dubna, 2003, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 75, 1665 (2004).Google Scholar
- 2.J. W. Stetson et al., “A Comparison of Electrostatic and Magnetic Focusing of Mixed Species Heavy Ion Beams at NSCL/MSU,” in Proc. of 17th Intern. Conf. on Cycl. Cyclotrons’04, Tokyo, Japan, Oct. 18–22, 2004.Google Scholar
- 3.N. Kazarinov, V. Aleksandrov, and V. Shevtsov, “Multi-Component Ion Beam Code—MCIB-04,” in Proc. of the 19th Rus. Particle Acc. Conf. RuPAC2004, Dubna, 4–9 Oct. 2004, p. 201.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Leitner et al., in Proc. of the 15th Intern. Workshop on ECR Ion Source, Jyvaskyla, Finland, 12–14 June, 2002, pp. 32–34.Google Scholar
- 5.J. W. Stetson et al., “Experimental Comparison of Electrostatic and Magnetic Solenoid Focusing of Low Energy Heavy Ion Beam at NSCL/MSU,” in Proc. of the 2005 Part Acc. Conf. PAC05, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, May 16–20, 2005.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Koivisto et al., “Program To Improve the Ion Beam Formation and Transmission at JYFL,” in Proc. of the 18th Intern. Conf on Cycl., Giardini Naxos, Italy, 30 Sept.–5 Oct. 2007.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Koivisto et al., “Development of Metal Ion Beams and Beam Transmission at JYFL,” in Proc. of the 11th Intern. Conf. on HeavyIon Acc. Techn. HIAT09, 8–12 June 2009.Google Scholar