The use of linear superconducting electron accelerator for subcritical reactor driving
- 19 Downloads
At the National Science Centre, Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology (NSC KIPT) the possibility of creating an installation with a subcritical reactor driven by an electron accelerator is examined. To obtain the maximal stream of neutrons from a neutron-producing target at a minimal density of energy emission, the electron energy should be in the range of 100–200 MeV and the size of the target should be as large as possible. Other important requirements are beam continuity with time and long-term stability of the accelerator parameters. The variants of using the superconducting linear accelerator on the basis of a TESLA accelerating structure as of subcritical reactor driver are considered. The basic design parameters and characteristics of this installation are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Proceedings of the Ukraine-USA Meeting on Accelerator Driven Sub-critical Assembly Facility, Ukraine, Kharkiv, Feb. 24–25, 2005 (National Sci. Center Kharkov Institute of Physics and Technology, Kharkiv, 2005).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. M. Arkatov, A. N. Dovbnya, A. V. Glamazdin, et al., SALO Project (National Sci. Center Kharkov Institute of Physics and Technology, Kharkiv, 2005).Google Scholar
- 3.I. S. Guk, A. N. Dovbnya, S. G. Kononenko, et al., “Accelerating Complex SALO,” in Proc. of RuPAC (Novosibirsk, Russia, 2006), pp. 82–84.Google Scholar
- 4.L. Lilje, “High-Gradient Superconducting Radiofre-Quency Cavities for Particle Acceleration,” in Proc. of EPAC (Scotland, Edinburg, 2006), pp. 2752–2754.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Pekeler, H. Vogel, and P. vom Stein, “Industrial Production of Superconducting 1.3 GHZ Accelerator Modules and Components for FEL Application,” in Proc. of the 2004 FEL Conference, pp. 379–380.Google Scholar
- 6.I. S. Guk, A. N. Dovbnya, S. G. Kononenko, et al., “Isochronous Magnetooptical Structure of Recirculator SALO,” in Proc. of EPAC (Scotland, Edinburg, 2006), pp. 2035–2037.Google Scholar
- 7.M. I. Bratchenko, V. V. Gann, I. S. Guk, et al., “Superconducting Driver for Sub-Critical Assembly,” in Proc. of the Intern. Conf. on Current Problems in Nuclear Physics and Atomic Energy, May 29–June 3, 2006 (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2007), pp. 622–632.Google Scholar