Some peculiarities in the interaction of 6He with 197Au and 206Pb
- 30 Downloads
Excitation functions were measured for fusion followed by the evaporation of neutrons in the reactions 206Pb(6He, 2 n )210Po and 197Au(6He, xn)203−xn T1, where x = 2−7, as well as for the transfer reactions on a 197Au target with the formation of the 196Au, 198Au, and 199Au isotopes. The experiment was carried out at the Dubna Radioactive Ion Beams (DRIBs) complex of FLNR, JINR. The 6He beam intensity was about 5 × 106 pps, the maximum energy being (60.3 ± 0.4) MeV. A significant increase in the cross section was observed below the Coulomb barrier for the fusion reaction with the evaporation of two neutrons compared to statistical model calculations. Unusual behavior for the production of 198Au is observed, whereas the cross section for the formation of 199Au is very low. The analysis of the data in the framework of the statistical model for the decay of excited nuclei, which took into account the sequential fusion of 6He, has shown good agreement between the experimental and calculated values of the cross sections for the case of sub-Coulomb-barrier fusion in the 206Pb + 6He reaction.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. Dasso et al., Nucl. Phys. A 597, 473 (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Di Pietro et al., Phys. Rev. C 69, 044613 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Navin et al., Phys. Rev. C 70, 044601 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. Ts. Oganessian and G. G. Gulbekian, in Proc. of the Intern. Conf. “Nuclear Shells-50 Years,” Dubna, 1999, Ed. by Yu. Ts. Oganessian, W. von Oertzen, and R. Kalpakchieva (Singapore, 2000), pp. 61–75.Google Scholar
- 11.V. D. Kuznetsov et al., FLNR Scientific Report 2001–2002, Ed. by A. G. Popeko (Dubna, 2003), pp. 223–224.Google Scholar
- 12.R. A. Astabatyan et al., FLNR Scientific Report 2001–2002, Ed. by A. G. Popeko (Dubna, 2003), p. 212; FLNR Scientific Report 2003–2004, Ed. by A. G. Popeko (Dubna, 2005).Google Scholar
- 15.Yu. A. Muzychka and B. I. Pustylnik, in Proc. of the Intern. School-Seminar on Heavy-Ion Physics, Alushta, 1983 (Dubna, 1983), p. 420.Google Scholar
- 17.V. I. Zagrebaev, Phys. Rev. C 67, 061601(R) (2003); Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. 154, 122 (2004).Google Scholar