Study of heat and mass transfer for hypersonic flow past a complex body of revolution
- 46 Downloads
The experimental approach is outlined for study of heat fluxes on the surface of a blunt body of revolution (with kinked generatrix) in a hypersonic gas flow. The main attention is paid to the effect of coolant injection flow rate on resulting heat flux at different Reynolds numbers and attack angles. The significant role of distributed gas blowing on a body surface for the heat flux distribution has been demonstrated.
KeywordsMass Transfer Heat Flux Reynolds Number Body Surface Injection Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.S. Avduevsky et al., Heat Transfer Foundation in Aviation and Rocket Industries, Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1975.Google Scholar
- 2.N.I. Sidnyaev, Review of methods for studying hypersonic gas flows past bodies with ablating coating, Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, 2004, Vol. 11, No. 4, P. 489–508.Google Scholar
- 3.N.I. Sidnyaev, V.T. Kalugin, A.Yu. Lutsenko et al. Scientific Foundations for Technologies of XXI Centure, A.I. Leontiev, N.N. Pilugin, Yu.V. Polezhaev et al. (Eds.), UNPC “Energomash”, Moscow, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.N.I. Sidnyaev, Mathematic simulation of distributed intense mass transfer for flow past models of hypersonic flight vehicles, Vestnik Moscow State Univ., Ser. Est. Nauki, 2001, No. 2(7), P. 54–63.Google Scholar
- 5.N.I. Sidnyaev, Method for computation of the steady flow around a body of revolution with surface mass exchange within the framework of the parabolized Navier — Stokes equations, Matem. Model., 2004, Vol. 16, No. 5, P. 55–65.Google Scholar
- 6.V.N. Kharchenko, Flow and heat transfer on the surface of cone with intense gas blowing, Trudy TsAGI, 1967, Iss. 1068, P. 29.Google Scholar
- 8.C.C. Pappas and G. Lee, Heat transfer and pressure on a hypersonic blunt cone with mass ablation, Ibid., 1970, Vol. 8, No. 5, P. 147–149.Google Scholar